Coming in curly?

Folks,

I'm about 7 months in and have been noticing that the hairs on one temple area are coming in curly and the ones on the other side are mostly straight (a bit wavey). I have straight fine hair and these hairs on the left temple are wirey and coarse and well, curly.. They stand out and look strange.

I'm becoming quite disappointed and worried but hoping that as they grow they will straighten out. But it doesn't look to be happening.

Anybody with that experience? What would cause this? Damage to the folicle during disection?

Thanks...

Folks,

I'm about 7 months in and have been noticing that the hairs on one temple area are coming in curly and the ones on the other side are mostly straight (a bit wavey). I have straight fine hair and these hairs on the left temple are wirey and coarse and well, curly.. They stand out and look strange.

I'm becoming quite disappointed and worried but hoping that as they grow they will straighten out. But it doesn't look to be happening.

Anybody with that experience? What would cause this? Damage to the folicle during disection?

Thanks...

I met some people recently who had their HT done 2 years ago. They told me that their initial hair was thin and curly and it become straight and thick at 1 year mark. So it seems to me completely normal.

Ravi Vide

I had the same experience. Some transplanted hairs were curly when they first grew after being transplanted, but they eventually became just wavy like they were before. In fact, I was amazed to see them eventually all "wave" in unison.

I had a major transplant and a section of the transplant is very curly. Unfortunately, it makes me look like I have an Alfalfa (Little Rascals) dippity-do on the very front of my head - very unsightly. I am at the 18 month mark of my transplant and the curliness has only gotten worse. I have to use hair straightener cream with the dryer to make it reasonable. I also am sure that I have lost a bunch of my transplanted hair even though the doctor says that doesn't happen. I had 600-800 graphs alone on my hairline and you can clearly count that I have substantially less than that. I would like to have a second treatment, but I'll try another doctor for round two, especially since the forums report that my doctor is expensive - I'd have to agree.

Mark