Ques. for UnclJim

Guest dude1

Jim

I live not far from you and, although this sounds like a strange question, since your HT have you gone to anyone different to cut your hair? I'm looking for a cut that won't look scalped and that will enhance thin and fine hair to also give it the illusion of more hair. Usually I end up with to much taken off. If there is someone in the Bolton vicinity that you like to go to, please let me know. Thanks.

Jim

I live not far from you and, although this sounds like a strange question, since your HT have you gone to anyone different to cut your hair? I'm looking for a cut that won't look scalped and that will enhance thin and fine hair to also give it the illusion of more hair. Usually I end up with to much taken off. If there is someone in the Bolton vicinity that you like to go to, please let me know. Thanks.

Hi DUDE,

Sorry, I'm not the guy to talk too. I've been cutting my own hair for years because of my "self-consciousness" about my transplants. Both of my kids have been after me for years to get a "real" haircut. I just may once my hair grows in.

I know that the owner of "Shampoo 1" in Glastonbury (it may E. Hartford, just over the line) had a transplant. I got to know him years ago because I had a business there . His wife told me that he was thrilled with his results. If he's still there, you may want to contact him. You could say that "Uncle Jim who used to own the record shop in Glastonbury, recommend that I call". He knew my situtation. GOOD LUCK.

Jim

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

UncJim

Thanks for your reply (and I remember your store). I know the place you spoke of. Do you by chance remember his first name? Might make it easier to contact him.

[This message was edited by dude1 on February 10, 2003 at 06:36 AM.]

Dude,

I'm sorry, I don't remember. His wife used to shop in my store and also answered the phone at the salon with a nice Latin accent. You may want to ask if the original owner is still there because you are looking for information concerning Hair Tranplants on my recommendation.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it works out.

Jim

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using a Flowbee for 12+ years now !! It works great, I have not paid for a Haircut for 12+ years !! The haircut is right EVERYTIME !! No mess either !!

Lets see:

haircut every 6 weeks maximum or so, so 6 times a year at least !!

Lets say $10 a hair cut x 6 =$ 60.00

$ 60 x 12 years = $720 - $60.00(cost of Flowbee then)

So saved almost $ 700 in hair cuts

Do this again

Haircut every 4 weeks at $12.00 a haircut !!

12 haircuts per year x $ 12 = $ 144.00

$144.00 x 12years =$ 1,728.00 -$60.00

so I have saved minimum $ 700 up to over $1,600 in 12 years not paying for a haircut !!

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dude1

Jeff,

Sorry, I didn't see your post. No I haven't gotten a cut yet. My Category is a 6 and after my HT it is thinner (hopefully will thicken soon). I live not too far from Wallingford and if you've found someone good please let me know. Thanks.

dude,

Did you end up getting a cut?? If so where? I'm in need of one myself. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We each have our own personal views on this subject but this is mine. Before I got all my HT's I was devastated that I was losing my hair. I hated it when someone would comment on it. Now after 6 HT's I have hair but by no means am I Elvis. Unfortinatly I had most of them in the 90's so I have a lot of minigrafts which our about as natural as a flower growing out of my head. I live in Hawaii and I surf and swim a lot. The day I said f-it about what people might think if they see my plugs was a big sense of freedom. The day you can go and get a haircut without thinking about what they might think will be a great day for you. I say let go of the insecurity and stand proud. I can hardly imagine how nice it would be to have had all fu's done instead of 2000+ minigrafts. But I am still happy to have what I do and I volunteer the info to people all the time and 99% of the time they are shocked. Without all the work I had done I look like John Luc Picard IE norwood 7 !!!

later

big it up

Experience:

6 HT to date.......wish this forum was around in the 90's!