Drs - Upper age for an HT

Guest dude1

Doctors,

Is there an upper age when you would not recommend a transplant - when a man's hair naturally starts to thin? I am in my early 60's. Just wondering also what the age of your oldest patient has been?

Doctors,

Is there an upper age when you would not recommend a transplant - when a man's hair naturally starts to thin? I am in my early 60's. Just wondering also what the age of your oldest patient has been?

Dude 1

Early 60 in my book is no longer old. I've done many people in their 70's. General health and the quality of your donor hair is more important than age. From a technical standpoint it's best to do the transplant before the hair turns white. With white hair( even under the microscope ) the follicles are extremely difficult to see and there are usually more transections during disection.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I feel a cosmetic improvement at any age can give one a lift. Another factor is that the technology just wasn't up-to-par until recently in my opinion.

Amen to to both points. I'm an example of each.

UNC

"TEMPLES 'n CROWNS Forever!"

Uncjim's Journey

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Guest dude1

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys.

My only concern was whether or not even with the HT(s) I would be 'loosing ground' with density as I age. According to all I've read, however, the transplanted hair is supposed to last for life. I am on Proscar.

But, like the saying goes "It's now or never".