12 Days Post-Op

I posted this message to the surgeon reviews on accident. I am reposting it here:

Greetings folks. I have created my weblog and added 3 photo entries. Please view my hair blog to see the results so far.

On March 6th I had my surgery performed by Dr. Brian O. Goertz in Bellevue, WA. Dr. Goertz transplanted 2500 grafts. The surgery took approximately 7 hours. I have experienced virtually no pain and I am so far very happy with the procedure.

Since I am only 12 days post-op, I cannot give you any advice yet. I can only tell you that the research provided by this forum and others has made my first HT experience a good one so far.

Please take a look at my pictures on my blog and let me know what you think. There is one picture the day before the surgery, one picture the day of the surgery and one picture 12 days post-op (today).

PerfectFew

Thanks for posting those pictures. Your 12 day pic looks outstanding. In about 12 days I am going to have my first procedure. If I look that good 12 days post op I will be very satisfied.

Any suggestions that you might share or things you would do differently?

Thanks. So far, I can't think of anything I would have done differently except perhaps using more saline solution post-op. My scalp has been a little dry and itchy. Also, it was helpful to be tired the day of the surgery. I slept through 90% of the day, so the time went by very quickly.

Other than that, just follow your doctor's instructions. Another thing the doctor recommended was to follow up with a Minoxidil regimen starting after 5 days and to go for 3 months.

Good luck!

PerfectFew