Norwood 2-3 getting 3000 grafts...what's my chance of success?

I'm going to be getting a 3000 graft transplant next week with Dr. Epstein in Miami, and I'd just love to know my realistic chances of having a successful procedure that will look great and natural.

I know there probably isn't an answer, but given my norwood and the amount of grafts and the Doctor I'm using, etc.....what's a ballpark guess?

Thanks a million guys....I just have the pre-surgery jitters as I'm sure you can relate.

I'm going to be getting a 3000 graft transplant next week with Dr. Epstein in Miami, and I'd just love to know my realistic chances of having a successful procedure that will look great and natural.

I know there probably isn't an answer, but given my norwood and the amount of grafts and the Doctor I'm using, etc.....what's a ballpark guess?

Thanks a million guys....I just have the pre-surgery jitters as I'm sure you can relate.

First off, 3000 grafts for a Norwood 2 or 3 is a good number of grafts.

Couple of questions:

1. What is the plan for the HT? Where is the doctor placing the grafts?

2. Do you have any pics for us to view to give you a better assessment?

3. Are you a diffuse thinner?

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Asterisk,

If you want our input on an approximate number of grafts and help defining realistic goals, we will need to see pictures from different angles, such as the top of the head, a frontal tilt, the crown, etc. Because in looking at your one hairline picture, you have very minimal loss and 3000 grafts would be a hefty over-estimate. I'm sure other angles will clarify your hair loss for us.

Thanks,

Bill

A-

I agree with Bill and looking at your pic you have little or no loss at this point and I would definitely not go forward with a HT.

Let us see additional pics to give us a better idea of your hair loss.

Again, from that one pic I would say do not go down this road at this time.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

guys you have to trust me. I don't have any other pics, mainly because I always discarded any pics tha showed my hair as thinning and receded.

I'm definetely losing though, there's no question. I can't style my hair like I used to, and in the right light you can see my entire scalp.

He's doing 3000 because he said he wants to match my normal hair density which is very thick.

half are doing to rebuild my hairline, and half are going to fill in my thinning hair.

Asterisk,

We do trust you. But you started this thread and asked for our input what you can expect from 3000 grafts. Nobody can give you this answer without proper pictures.

That said, Dr. Epstein has a proven track record of success and if he recommended 3000 grafts, I'm sure that's what you need. Be SURE however, to discuss your goals with him ahead of time so you know what to expect.

I see too many patients come on after surgery and were expecting more, even though growth yield looked good.

Best wishes,

Bill