7 months post op with Dr. Wong

Hello everyone,

So here I am at 7 months...things are good, but I have a few questions...

1) Can someone honestly tell me what the chances are that I have an adverse effect with Proscar? I know I should start taking it, I just hate taking pills and I really don't want any side effects. I always hoped I could get by without having to take any.

2) How much more new growth can I expect after month 7? Things seem to be slowing down.

3) How long should a person wait before having a second hair transplant? Does it feel any worse than the first one?

Thanks guys, I will try and post a few pics soon.

Hello everyone,

So here I am at 7 months...things are good, but I have a few questions...

1) Can someone honestly tell me what the chances are that I have an adverse effect with Proscar? I know I should start taking it, I just hate taking pills and I really don't want any side effects. I always hoped I could get by without having to take any.

2) How much more new growth can I expect after month 7? Things seem to be slowing down.

3) How long should a person wait before having a second hair transplant? Does it feel any worse than the first one?

Thanks guys, I will try and post a few pics soon.

OH yeah

4) When showering, I seem to be having 10-20 hairs in my hand all the time. Are these hairs that were transplanted or the native hairs, or possibly both just going through natural hair cycles? It just seems like there are more than before.

1. the chances of side effects are very slim; I've been on it for 7 years with none;

2. they say at 7 months that you are 60-70% there; you will definitely have a lot more thickening/maturing of the new hair which will add density; also you still may get a small amount of grafts that haven't sprouted--the majority of the grafts have probably sprouted by now, though; it takes a full year to evaluate your final results; Spec has an article about the time factor and it shows the results of a patient that improved dramatically from 8 months to 14 months post op.

3. you should wait at least a year before a 2nd ht; to make sure your donor area is healed and scalp laxity returns and also to evaluate the results from ht 1;

4. humans shed 100+ hairs a day on their head; even people with no Male Pattern Baldness; they are probably native hairs going through their natural shedding cycle; I think you are more consious about your hair now, thus you are noticing it more;