graft falling out

as long as there is no bleeding you're fine. Also remember that you won't see any significant growth until 3rd month and later.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Wait a minute! He said grafts coming out! Did you mean to say the hairs themselves or the entire graft (including the surrounding tissue)? As Microprose stated, shedding the hairs is normal and to be expected (most or all will shed and regrow in approx. 3 mos.). If you're losing entire grafts, that is a problem! Please clarify!

trying2moveahead

Im not sure, I was rubbing my head gently as I was told to do and something came out with a couple of hairs in it. I thought it was the scab, but then I saw the hair. It has only been 6 days. what do you think?

OK, I think if you're seeing the thin scab crust with a hair or hairs poking through it out both the top AND the bottom of it, you are OK. If you see a clump of tissue with hair only poking out the top of it, I think that would be a problem. It is a bit early for general shedding, which occurs more around the 2-3 week mark, but I think I remember some hairs coming out when the scabs came off too. Are you sure they want you rubbing already? I remember having to gently pat the area only in the shower and for several days.

trying2moveahead

I dont remember if the hairs were sticking out the back and the front but I do know that it seemed like a scab because is was black and dark red all around the hairs. When do you suggest that I actually start gently rubbing it outside the shower?

It's been over a year since my last procedure and I'm actually becoming a littly sketchy on the instructions I rec'd for the days immediately following surgery. Plus, my last procedure was an all-FU procedure which may require different after-care than what you had done. If I recall correctly however, I was not supposed to really touch the area at all for a significant number of days, then was allowed to gently rub in the shower (using a special shampoo or graftcyte) to remove any scabs that were totally ready to come off anyway. I'll become very familiar with the after-care instructions in a couple of days, however! I'm having another FU procedure early next week! icon_wink.gif Anyway, try to relax and divert your attention for a bit. I know it can be hard and I sense you're somewhat nervous and apprehensive about all this. Try not to obsess too much and give things a chance to heal properly. However, reconfirm what exactly you should be doing as far as rubbing, etc., with your MD/office/clinic. Did they send you off with wriiten instructions?

trying2moveahead