Question for Dr Jones

I charge $10 per graft for head hair and $12 per graft for chest hair both in U.S. funds. I have transplanted up to 860 grafts in one session although this was a 11 hour session. We did 500 head hairs and 360 chest hairs. My normal session is 500 grafts. I place all grafts into 20, 21 or 23 gauge needle holes.

Dr.Jones

I agree with the (WOW) on $10.00 /graft. Although

I know its very time consuming if you considered

lowering your per graft $ especially for the

amounts removed from chest /etc you would have

a gracious following. I have been paying around

$4.50 -5.00 /graft. I certainly can see where

you charge a bit more for this new procedure as

I find it amazing that it can be done. I was

actually interested until I saw the $12.00 per

graft and had to wipe the sweat off my forehead.

Hope this site can influence you because if your

procedure is successful and you get to where you

can gather 500-1000 grafts from the chest /legs

etc - You would be the MAN.

Greg D.

Our standard fee is $6.00 USD per graft. At this rate you can pick any opening on our schedule. A significant portion of our patients choose our standby rate of $5.00 per graft. You would be put on a waiting list and when we have openings in our schedule, we call those patients on our standby list and if they can have the surgery on the days open it is $5.00 a graft. You generally will be called around 10 days before the open date to see if you are available on that date. There is no difference in the surgery and generally I am completely unaware as to what the patient is paying for his surgery.

The largest session I have done is 3700, but not many patients would have a donor area that would allow that many grafts to be harvested in a single session. Most patients would have close to 2500 available.

Roy Jones MD

My price for a regular fu transplant is $4 per graft U.S. for the first 1000 grafts and $2 per graft for further grafts up to 2500 fu's. I don't advise larger sessions because of the risk of the increased risk of donor scarring

My new procedure fue is much more time consuming, each procedure takes 6-8 hours of my time, therefore the price reflects this. Most physicians spend at most 2-3 hour on direct patient care during a strip method transplant. The cost as stated above is $10 per graft for head hair and $12 per graft for body hair.

I guess I'm getting confused . Is the $12.00

you are stating for the (chest etc hair

removal) in Canadian or U.S. currency?

I'm not knowledgeable of the exchange rate.

Thanks