keeping grafts moist

On day 2 post op (I'm now at day 4), I started using a spray bottle and spraying a light mist over the grafts. The water dripping down is a brownish color and I am assuming it is washing away some of the scabs or dried blood. Is there such thing as keeping the grafts too moist?? I have been spraying the grafts about 3-4 times a day. I think starting today, I can actually gently wash the grafts but I am so nervous about doing that because I don't want to disloge any of them.

On day 2 post op (I'm now at day 4), I started using a spray bottle and spraying a light mist over the grafts. The water dripping down is a brownish color and I am assuming it is washing away some of the scabs or dried blood. Is there such thing as keeping the grafts too moist?? I have been spraying the grafts about 3-4 times a day. I think starting today, I can actually gently wash the grafts but I am so nervous about doing that because I don't want to disloge any of them.

markjames...

As far as spraying the grafts, I probably sprayed my head lightly at least 30-40 times a day. Not only did it keep them moist, but the water running down my head really helped alleviate the itching.

As far as gently washing the grafts, there was an extensive discussion on this board regarding the best method to do so. My personal method was to fill the bathtub with lukewarm water and add some baby shampoo. (I didnt do this in the sink so as to prevent myself from accidentally bumping my head on the faucet and doing any damage.) I would then submerge my head and slowly swish it back and forth. I personally didnt want to touch the grafts so as not to mess anything up.

I'm not saying that there arent other methods that you can wash your hair/scalp, or that you cant touch your grafts.....this was just my personal choice. Others have used different methods.