Propecia and sideeffects

Nick_davis

I have been on Propecia for atleast 4 weeks now. For the past one week, I started to feel my taste buds go bad on me. I feel like medicine is in my mouth. If I drink water, water tastes different. I stopped Propecia for a day and the following day, my taste sense came back. I am not on any other medication. I took propecia the following day and it looks like my taste is going bad again. Is it any major cause to worry about. It says on Propecia website to contact DOCTOR immediately in case of toxicity. Has anyone had this experience with Propecia before.

[This message was edited by Nick_davis on March 14, 2003 at 01:16 PM.]

I have been on Propecia for atleast 4 weeks now. For the past one week, I started to feel my taste buds go bad on me. I feel like medicine is in my mouth. If I drink water, water tastes different. I stopped Propecia for a day and the following day, my taste sense came back. I am not on any other medication. I took propecia the following day and it looks like my taste is going bad again. Is it any major cause to worry about. It says on Propecia website to contact DOCTOR immediately in case of toxicity. Has anyone had this experience with Propecia before.

[This message was edited by Nick_davis on March 14, 2003 at 01:16 PM.]

Nick,

I also started Propecia 4 weeks ago. I haven't noticed anything with the taste buds but I think I think I might be shedding some. Yesterday morning I ran my fingers through my hair and the more I rubbed, the more fell out. This was more than normal. But.....today it didn't happen.

Nick,

I think its normal to have some hair falling out. I was going through the same process when I was in month One. Currectly I am done with my 3rd month. just started my month 4. It seems like i dont see that much hair falling out nowadays. I do see 5 or 6 hair falling out once in a while, but i guess that's normal for anyone too.

As long as you dont see like 20 to 25 hair falling out everyday, you should be fine.

Good Luck, Keep taking your propecia. coez! thats your key to the kingdom.

Thanks

WebPro

Nick,

I also started Propecia 4 weeks ago. I haven't noticed anything with the taste buds but I think I think I might be shedding some. Yesterday morning I ran my fingers through my hair and the more I rubbed, the more fell out. This was more than normal. But.....today it didn't happen.

• 2 weeks later...

this raises a valid point. From my impression the majority of doctors advocate the use of propecia, yet there are still some that oppose it, or at least leave it up to the patient to make a decision. After all, it's sort of hard to believe that a drug interacting with hormones would not affect anything else?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke