Rogaine is drying out my scalp! Please help

Mike T

Hey guys,

I just started using Kirkland Extra strength minoxidil and it is drying out my scalp.I now have dandruff.I am only using it on my crown since I recently had a ht done 2 months ago for the front but I am thinning out in the crown area. Also, using proscar.I was wondering if there is anything I can do? I am currently applying it once in the morning and once at night. Has this ever happened to anyone else.

Hey guys,

I just started using Kirkland Extra strength minoxidil and it is drying out my scalp.I now have dandruff.I am only using it on my crown since I recently had a ht done 2 months ago for the front but I am thinning out in the crown area. Also, using proscar.I was wondering if there is anything I can do? I am currently applying it once in the morning and once at night. Has this ever happened to anyone else.

Try the 2% strength solution instead of the 5%. It's more gentle on you scalp and, as your scalp gets used to the 2%, you may be able to shift over to the 5% with very little, if any, of the same reactions.

Or just stick it out until your scalp adjusts. I'd give it up to 2 months for it to do so, otherwise - consult your doctor...

Or try Lipoxidil: http://www.lipoxidil.com/lipoxidil.htm

I also after 2 months had drying of my scalp. I was using 5 percent rogaine on my hairline once a day, the itching got unbearable. I stopped for about a month now I am using 2 percent minoxidil. Well see how this works out.

I had too much white crap in my hair, and kept forgetting to use it. Propecia is so much easier to use.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

same here. i bought the economy package. 3 bottles for around 50 bucks. i still have 2 full bottles left. i threw the other one out.

I also got the $50 package (I believe it was the extra-strength one). I used maybe 10% of the first bottle, and never looked at them again. Maybe I can sell them on e-bay or something. It was a useless expense in retrospective. I just hated the big dandruff flakes all over my hair, and co-workers asking me what the f is that.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke