Rogaine and shedding?

I'm trying to hold onto as much hair as possible especially this year because I'm getting married in December. I'm currently taking proscar and have been for about 5 months. I used Rogaine last year for awhile and didn't like it so I stopped it, and lost a lot of hair when I did. I use toppik and get excellent results however if I lose much more hair even toppik won't be able to save me. So, my question is this; should I start using Rogaine in combination with the proscar? My worry is that when I start using it more hair will shed and I'll be forced to just shave my head because I need all the hair I have now for toppik to be effective. Thanks in advance for sharing your opinions.

I'm trying to hold onto as much hair as possible especially this year because I'm getting married in December. I'm currently taking proscar and have been for about 5 months. I used Rogaine last year for awhile and didn't like it so I stopped it, and lost a lot of hair when I did. I use toppik and get excellent results however if I lose much more hair even toppik won't be able to save me. So, my question is this; should I start using Rogaine in combination with the proscar? My worry is that when I start using it more hair will shed and I'll be forced to just shave my head because I need all the hair I have now for toppik to be effective. Thanks in advance for sharing your opinions.

J25;

Tough question. I started using Rogaine and Propecia 3 months ago and just starting to notice new growth. I read that using both could have synergistic value, but each individual responds differently to these drugs--works for some and for others it doesn't.

Rogaine is more troublesome; oily appearance until it dries and 2X daily consistent application, and as you know, once you quit you really notice fallout in 1-3 months even if you've been using it for long term. I think, in my case, that Rogaine just added fuzz nothing more.