Shampooing and drying post-op

If my understanding is correct the doctor gives you shampoo to use for a while post-op? Even so, no hair dryers or towel drying I guess?

NOT to wash for a full month?

huh thats strange....

i heard armani also advises to not dye hair 6 months after HT while other docs says its ok after 2-3 weeks....

You need to shampoo first to get rid of the scabs and then to keep scalp clean.

I used avalon tea tree mint shampoo,fantastic product,so gentle....

then i tryed jason shampoo that i used before HT but it didnt do well..

Then one day (20 days after HT) i tryed nizoral... BIG mistake! I will never use nizoral again!

I got redness all over my head.

I returned to Avalon tea tree and i think i will stick with it next couple of months,maybe even years....

H&W advised me to gently wash my hair daily for the first week with no scrubbing of the grafts. I was told to pat dry the hair. About day 8 was told to resume normal washing with the goal to remove the scabs. They provided me with a gentle shampoo to use...

Originally posted by maki8787:

NOT to wash for a full month?

huh thats strange....

Here's what I found:

http://www.hair-pelo-cabello-haar-cheveux-capelli-barcelona.com/

"When can I take a light shower?

Two weeks after surgery.

When can I take a normal shower?

Three weeks after surgery you'll start with a normal shower directly on the head. No rubbing.

"

I have been washing every morning since the day after my procedure. I take a plastic lemonade pitcher with me in the shower, fill it with water and mix in some Neutrogena T-Gel Shampoo and pour it over my head. Dr. True gave me a surgical sponge which I use to gently dab clean my grafts. I also take some of the shampoo/water mixture and massage it into my donor scar to keep the sutures clean and prevent blood from clumping up. Finally twice a day, morning and evening, I lightly apply an anti-bacterial ointment to my sutures. Just went in for my post-op checkup (four days later) and Doc says everything looks great.