All out or slow and steady?

What would be better?

To go all out dense pack one area and then go to the other (I plan on 2 strips).

Or to scatter them and then transplx in between.

I have read so much from both sides.

One says low density transplx is good other say do not go into the same area again.

I will like some input.

I have made my mind on getting a htp. Its the logistics I am worried about and I couldnt find any thread discussing this.

What would be better?

To go all out dense pack one area and then go to the other (I plan on 2 strips).

Or to scatter them and then transplx in between.

I have read so much from both sides.

One says low density transplx is good other say do not go into the same area again.

I will like some input.

I have made my mind on getting a htp. Its the logistics I am worried about and I couldnt find any thread discussing this.

Jolly, good topic!

IMO, it is better to dense pack 1 area rather than spread the grafts out.

If you need to rebuild your hairline & cover the front tuft & fill in your crown, I believe you will see better results by dense packing 1 area rather than trying to scatter the grafts around.

That way 1 area is covered with 1 pass & there will be no need to go back inbetween risking transection of the previous tranplanted hair.

In my case, `NW6, I had the hairline & front tuft back to the mid scalp done.

My plan is to go back & finish the mid scalp/crown.

If needed the hairline can be touched up too.

That is my opinion & of course it depends on your particular pattern/hairloss.

Who did you select to perform your surgery?

Thanks folica,

I understand what you mean about filling one area at a time. I just dont like the idea of leaving the back with no hair.

What about a middle ground. Filling the front and lightly sprinkling the remaining.

I haven't selected any doctor yet. Though, if I get it done in India, Dr. Arvind is going to be my only choice. I am following up some of his patients. Sadly, the coalition doctors are too costly for me.

Before someone gets me wrong, let me add that I do not resent those doctors charging me more than what I can pay. Its just that I cant afford them. No way.

Jolly, that HD calculator is pretty cool!

If you do sprinkle some of the grafts around, make sure you have your desired density in the front first!

Good luck,

Jolly,

It is clearly a matter of opinion, but if I had to do it all over again, I would opt for the 2 dense packing sessions rather than the 2 sessions spreading out the grafts. The good news is, even in the first session, start denser and then trail off with lower densities as you go further back so it has more of a natural blend. Then for the second session, there would be SOME overlapping of the existing grafts, but this will make for a much more smooth and natural transition.

Bill