Farjo - A real story

I will start with a little background, only last week 19th March 2004 I had my first transplant, 1500 grafts an operation performed at the Farjo Medical Centre in Manchester.

I will not bore you with an abundance of person detail, because this will probably not be your main interest, but suffice to say I am 36 years old and have significant loss of hair (probably like many of you reading this topic)

Despite being a reasonably confident individual, I will not kid you that I had some doubts about undertaking a transplant, after all its a very daunting experience to permit somebody to cut the back of your head, even if you do end up "regaining hair".

With this in mind on the basis that I could not readily find any such feedback I decided to allocate the time to prepare this topic for people in a similar position.

I started my own research approx a year ago and again being frank blew hot and cold. I narrowed my search and plucked up the courage to visit the Farjo centre in Harley Street.

I was suitably impressed with the facilities and all the staff that I met, this included Dr Farjo who was there on the day of my visit, I remember him being much more down to earth than I had expected.

So I left feeling confident, but still had some questions, maybe these were really just doubts as to whether I had the "Guts" to see it through.

Hey I have already told you all that I am reasonably confident sort of guy so I went for it and booked my operation.

So how did it go..

In summary I will report that at the end of the day I was very happy with the whole experience.

There where some ups and downs, it was a long day and quite tiring, but again hey this is was significant operation.

I arrived at 8AM a little anxious but was soon made to feel relaxed and I enjoyed continuous support throughout the entire day.

When I left at six o'clock, yes of course I was a little sore and tired but felt that I had made the right choice.

So its now one week on and I have already hung up my hat and I am comfortable to share with all the results. I think the best thing I can say by way of conclusion is the words of my youngest daughter who said "Dad you've got new hair" What more can I say.

Everybody's likely to have an opinion but for what its worth I would have no hesitation in encouraging people to go for a transplant with Dr Farjo.

Regards Forch

I will start with a little background, only last week 19th March 2004 I had my first transplant, 1500 grafts an operation performed at the Farjo Medical Centre in Manchester.

I will not bore you with an abundance of person detail, because this will probably not be your main interest, but suffice to say I am 36 years old and have significant loss of hair (probably like many of you reading this topic)

Despite being a reasonably confident individual, I will not kid you that I had some doubts about undertaking a transplant, after all its a very daunting experience to permit somebody to cut the back of your head, even if you do end up "regaining hair".

With this in mind on the basis that I could not readily find any such feedback I decided to allocate the time to prepare this topic for people in a similar position.

I started my own research approx a year ago and again being frank blew hot and cold. I narrowed my search and plucked up the courage to visit the Farjo centre in Harley Street.

I was suitably impressed with the facilities and all the staff that I met, this included Dr Farjo who was there on the day of my visit, I remember him being much more down to earth than I had expected.

So I left feeling confident, but still had some questions, maybe these were really just doubts as to whether I had the "Guts" to see it through.

Hey I have already told you all that I am reasonably confident sort of guy so I went for it and booked my operation.

So how did it go..

In summary I will report that at the end of the day I was very happy with the whole experience.

There where some ups and downs, it was a long day and quite tiring, but again hey this is was significant operation.

I arrived at 8AM a little anxious but was soon made to feel relaxed and I enjoyed continuous support throughout the entire day.

When I left at six o'clock, yes of course I was a little sore and tired but felt that I had made the right choice.

So its now one week on and I have already hung up my hat and I am comfortable to share with all the results. I think the best thing I can say by way of conclusion is the words of my youngest daughter who said "Dad you've got new hair" What more can I say.

Everybody's likely to have an opinion but for what its worth I would have no hesitation in encouraging people to go for a transplant with Dr Farjo.

Regards Forch

A lot of bad stories about Farjo and UK docs in general. I think we'll need to wait for some pictures. You can have a good day at any doc when the surgery is done...just wait 3/4/5 months and let's see if you're still happy. Sorry to be pessimistic but I would definitely not let Farjo anywhere near my head.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Did you, or any other UK guys get some Farjo junk mail in the last month? I did.

It also said how they now offer fue ht rather than micrografts, can either of you bear this out?

They also said they offer fit, ie non strip ht. Any patents out there experienced this first hand?

It also had a rather cheasy interview with Farjo name dropping all the top US docs whereever possilbe, what is the veiw of Farjo on the world stage rather than the US?

I too am a bit sceptical

NV

Nobel victim

I think you are not being sceptical but being wise.

Go and find Farjo patients if you like or their photo's and the answer will present itself .