Propecia or Proscar?

What is the difference? Where is a good site to get it? and how much did they charge for consultation? Will I have to pay for the added consultation fee every time I order the drug?

Thanks!

I love this site!

Carlos.

What is the difference? Where is a good site to get it? and how much did they charge for consultation? Will I have to pay for the added consultation fee every time I order the drug?

Thanks!

I love this site!

Carlos.

CarlosM -

Propecia and Proscar contain the same drug (finasteride) but in different dosages. Propecia is 1mg while Proscar is 5mg. That is why some guys like to get Proscar and quarter the tabs for a 1.25mg dose, which is close enough.

• 5 months later...

hello all,

i am a new member of this site and i must say that this site is very informative with alot of friendly and helpful people. i am only 24 and i am noticing some hair loss(some in the frontal and in the back). i wanted intrigued by the drug "proscar", but i dont know anyhting about it. can anyone help me out? i want to know how i can purchase it and how much it cost? any other advice to the prevention of hair loss would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your time icon_confused.gif

Guest brent

proscar and propecia have the same ingredient, finasteride, and you take 1 mg per day. You can get them online , or from your doctor. If you have a drug plan, Proscar is usually covered while propecia is not. Proscar comes in 5 mg tabs so you have to split the tabs into quarters( this can be done with a pill-splitter purchased at any drug store) I hear it works better if you have just started to thin, so in your situation starting the sooner the better.

Carlos,

I beleive you would still need a precription from a doctor to get proscar. Maybe there are places you don't but the ones mentioned on this sight I have found require one.

Do you know of a sight that doesn't? If so, where?

• 4 weeks later...

i just recently purchased some proscar and i am wondering how many of those blue pills am i suppose to take in one week? i am also freaking out b/c i shedded alot of hair today. is this normal while taking proscar? also, does anyone know of its bad side effects? i heard some distressing things like it is suppose to affect your baby in a negative manner. if anyone can help it is greatly appreciated and thank you so much for answering my last reply.

anxiously yours,

the proscar rookie icon_confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Go with propecia (as firstly it is 1 mg instead of 5 mg) and secondly you can even quarter propecia to 0.25 mg a day. A study posted on the net shows no significant difference between 0.05 mg or 1 mg dose. Do yourself a favor and stick to the lowest dose (0.25mg should do it - that is quarter of propecia 1mg). These drugs if used for cosmetic reasons (ie instead of proscar for prostate, are in my personal (non-medical) opinion not worth the risk. There is no "long term" conclusive results on risks associated with these. I am not posting this for people to keep the costs down but just to avoid any unforeseeable adverse effects down the road. (does phen phen ring a bell??)

• 5 years later...