Can you still do these things after hair restoration?

Hey everyone.

As someone who is considering hair restoration

in the furture, i'm trying to gather as much info as i can before i make a decision. My question is will transplanted hair be senstive to chemicals to the hair, such as hair coloring, perms, relaxers etc..? Are these things that you can no longer do because the hair will easily fall out, and or take longer to grow back or is the hair just as stong as the rest of the hair? And if it does come out (as some hairs tend to do in these things) will it grow back and at the same rate as the rest of the hair? I guess I mainly want to know if transplanted hair is just as strong and durable as the untransplanted hair. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone.

As someone who is considering hair restoration

in the furture, i'm trying to gather as much info as i can before i make a decision. My question is will transplanted hair be senstive to chemicals to the hair, such as hair coloring, perms, relaxers etc..? Are these things that you can no longer do because the hair will easily fall out, and or take longer to grow back or is the hair just as stong as the rest of the hair? And if it does come out (as some hairs tend to do in these things) will it grow back and at the same rate as the rest of the hair? I guess I mainly want to know if transplanted hair is just as strong and durable as the untransplanted hair. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks in advance.

Hi Andy,

The answer is yes, the HT hair is just as strong as your regular non-transplanted hair. It's growth cycles are the same and you can do to it whatever you do to the non-transplanted hair.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Ditto Gorp's post........

Your HT hair is the same as your native hair.........actually better since it's DHT resistant. Treat it the same way......no problem.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Some knowledgable guys!

Yes, the hair is as strong as the hair on the sides of the head!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Andy,

That is the beauty of top hair restoration surgery! Unlike systems, concealers, etc, a HT is low maintenance. Enjoy icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.