Visits to leading hair transplant clinics

• Administrators

As the song goes "what a long strange trip it's been" visiting leading clinics on the east coast and through out the Midwest these past several weeks. But more accurately it's been a really encouraging trip. I'm struck by how many clinics are quietly doing outstanding hair restoration surgery with little or no fan fare or recognition online.

So often I see people on the hair restoration forums virtually obsessing about the same four or five surgeons, as if they were the only ones doing outstanding surgery. However, most of the clinics I visited are truly gems in the rough who are typically way to modest to have invested the time to generate a "buzz" on the forums.

So often our online perceptions do not match the actual real world realities. Being out on the road and in the clinics has really reminded me of this.

I encourage people visiting the forums to consider some of these quiet gems who all too often don't get the recognition they deserve online. To view highlights from my visits, including the new ones just added for Dr. Parsley in Louisville, KY and Dr. Griffin in Atlanta, GA, click here.

Best wishes for finding the best physician for you.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Mahair,

Just because I did not visit a clinic and include the highlights online certainly does not make the "hacks and quacks".

As for New England I think that Dr. Leonard and Dr. Cohen do decent follicular unit grafting. However, I don't think they have the capabilty of doing large dense packed cases of ultra refined follicular units.

I would have liked to have seen them performing surgery during this recent trip but both Dr. Leonard and Dr. Cohen were still in Australia following the ISHRS's annual meeting in Sydney.

That is why I did not have an opportunity to include them in these online highlights.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.