New member needs help

nk14

Congratulations for your forum. It helped me a lot.I'm 22 years old, i started loosing hair about a year ago. In one year, almost all my hair in the MPB area have thinned and my temples are receding. I'm starting to panick and want to take action.

From what i have read in this forum, propecia and rogain are recommended. Propecia will be my first choice.However i wouldnt start rogain since you HAVE to stay on it permanently. Although i know that no other topical treatments have proof that they actually work, i want to take my chances and experiment. I have read about a German shampoo (Alpecin) with caffeine that claims to stop hair loss. If anyone has tried it please reply. Also any comments about my thoughts are welcome.

Thank you

NK

Congratulations for your forum. It helped me a lot.I'm 22 years old, i started loosing hair about a year ago. In one year, almost all my hair in the MPB area have thinned and my temples are receding. I'm starting to panick and want to take action.

From what i have read in this forum, propecia and rogain are recommended. Propecia will be my first choice.However i wouldnt start rogain since you HAVE to stay on it permanently. Although i know that no other topical treatments have proof that they actually work, i want to take my chances and experiment. I have read about a German shampoo (Alpecin) with caffeine that claims to stop hair loss. If anyone has tried it please reply. Also any comments about my thoughts are welcome.

Thank you

NK

I don't think there's any shampoo that stops hair loss. Have you thought about using baby shampoo? Its what I use because it contains very few chemicals compared to other shampoo brands being that its made for babies hair... hence.. it should be safer for your hair. Well that's what I believe anyway.

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

Hi

You guys should use Nizoral shampoo. It is prven to increase hair count ( this is not claimed by the company). There are many posts on it and they claim to use it 3 x a week

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Nizoral is the only shampoo I know of that can affect DHT levels. I have never heard of the shampoo you mentioned and I have never heard of caffeine being an effective ingredient against hair loss. I aggree with the other member who said to get on Propecia ASAP.

thanx for your replies guys. The caffein shampoo/lotion issue has been mentioned before in this forum:http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=150865. This new product seems to be a new trend in europe. The studies behind it are in this website:http://www.alpecin.de/en/research/studies.php. I just found it a good idea since no side effects are mentioned. It may be just another snake-oil product but i'll try it anyways. I'll post any effect this lotion may have on my hair/scalp in 5 months if anyone is interested.

Cheers

-nk

New research suggests that caffiene applied topically may help to effectively stimulate follicles resulting in slowing hair loss and increasing hair counts. I have considered adding it to my own regiment but I am having success with it as is and I want to wait a while before adding anything else.

You could possibly alternate Nizoral 2% (which does not combat DHT, it only creates a more optimal scalp condition for regrowth/maintenance not too much unlike minoxidil) with the caffiene shampoo so you will have at least one "proven" effective ingredient.

Keep us posted on your results with the caffiene shampoo. I agree with JacobS that you should consider Propecia so you will have at least one DHT inhibition ingredient.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog