Redness / Inflamation

blowdry

I am suprised no doctor mentions the use of antibiotic to help reduce the redness that people get, especially in the top third of the scalp. Its well know that antibiotic has a great anti-inflamatory effect. Thats why it works so well on Roscea patients.It reduces the swelling or inflamation of the skin as well as with redness....Just a though on my first post on this forum.......

I am suprised no doctor mentions the use of antibiotic to help reduce the redness that people get, especially in the top third of the scalp. Its well know that antibiotic has a great anti-inflamatory effect. Thats why it works so well on Roscea patients.It reduces the swelling or inflamation of the skin as well as with redness....Just a though on my first post on this forum.......

Hi

I have used it on the donor area but not the grafts..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Antibiotics have no "anti-inflammatory" properties, they fight infection. If you have an inflammatory response secondary to infection, then an antibiotic would certainly help, but not directly. For inflammation I believe that a COX2 Inhibitor like Mobic, or Naproxin Sodium (Alieve), or some other NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) like Ketoprophen would be a better choice. With drug resistance at an all time high due to the overuse of antibiotics , you can't be to careful.

Party on Garth....

You are incorrect.....While oral antibiotic therapies (taken by mouth) often prescribed to treat rosacea are effective (primarily because they are also powerful inflammation fighters), they have some important side effects, such as upset stomach, increased sensitivity to sunlight, and yeast infections. In addition, these oral antibiotics can increase the risk of antibiotic resistance. Oracea is the only oral prescription therapy approved specifically to treat the inflammatory lesions of rosacea in adult patients. It keeps the Anti-inflammatory, not antimicrobial, dose of doxycycline and no increased risk of antibiotic resistance.

blowdry,

I stand corrected, some antibiotics do have anti-inflammatory effects, yes the side effects that you mentioned are quite common, but I can see where some antibiotic therapy might help with graft site redness, maybe I'll try it on my next procedure and let you know how it turns out.