Question for Shaparo

I've had a total of 5 HT in the last 13yrs. Most all being micro&mini grafts in the early-mid 90's expect for my last HT about 5 yrs ago which was my only FU. My hairline looks OK but I would like a FU touchup and work on my temple(corners) which have receeded in the last 5yrs and is starting to expose a few old plug grafts. My question is after 5 HT (a total of around 4,000 grafts), can a person get good enough results with a 6th HT? On my last HT 5yrs ago, Dr. Norwood said that I have enough donor for about 2 more HT but suggested I wait at least another 5 yrs before my next and at the time also mentioned saving enough donor for possible "cloning" in the future. Well its been 5yrs and I'm looking at additional work on my hairline for a COMPLETE natural appearance.

Also, since I have 5-6 scars in my donor area. Can you consolidate some of the scars with the next HT donor removal?

Thanks for the feedback.

I've had a total of 5 HT in the last 13yrs. Most all being micro&mini grafts in the early-mid 90's expect for my last HT about 5 yrs ago which was my only FU. My hairline looks OK but I would like a FU touchup and work on my temple(corners) which have receeded in the last 5yrs and is starting to expose a few old plug grafts. My question is after 5 HT (a total of around 4,000 grafts), can a person get good enough results with a 6th HT? On my last HT 5yrs ago, Dr. Norwood said that I have enough donor for about 2 more HT but suggested I wait at least another 5 yrs before my next and at the time also mentioned saving enough donor for possible "cloning" in the future. Well its been 5yrs and I'm looking at additional work on my hairline for a COMPLETE natural appearance.

Also, since I have 5-6 scars in my donor area. Can you consolidate some of the scars with the next HT donor removal?

Thanks for the feedback.

Smoothy,

I know you're asking this question to Dr. Shapiro, but I'm just curious, do you have 5 separate scars, or just one scar that's been extracted 4 times.

Thanks.

Manko

Smoothy,

It sounds like you had good luck with that many scars. I think, based on all that I've read, that you're results are unusual. A lot of guys who have more than one scar are usually not very happy. That's good for you. I wish you luck with Shapiro, he certainly seems to be one of the best.

Keep us informed.

Manko

No during the past 13 years no one noticed my MPB because I started early when my temple areas started to receed then future HT behind the hairline with few in the hairline. I didnt start thinning at the "crown" until about 4 years ago thats when I started using Rogain xtra strength and propecia which seems to stop/slow the loss in the crown area. Plus, I wear/comb my hair back therefore nothing was ever noticable. But as I said the downside to staring early is more procedures (take the good with the bad-- I wouldnt have changed a thing).