Wait between a FUT-FUE 1-2 punch =s?

I've seen it stated that ~12+ months is a standard time differential for FUT procedures; and, for FUE it is exponentially less (e.g. a few months, a few weeks, a few days...?).

What about a FUT-FUE combo, the FUT coming first. This 1-2punch seems to be gaining some steam, and I'm curious what is a recommended time gap between the two.

*if it makes a difference, assume in this case that the FUT is 2k+, and the FUE ~300-500*

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I've seen it stated that ~12+ months is a standard time differential for FUT procedures; and, for FUE it is exponentially less (e.g. a few months, a few weeks, a few days...?).

What about a FUT-FUE combo, the FUT coming first. This 1-2punch seems to be gaining some steam, and I'm curious what is a recommended time gap between the two.

*if it makes a difference, assume in this case that the FUT is 2k+, and the FUE ~300-500*

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

I am not sure I U understand your question.

You want to do 2k strip and then a small FUE ?

Why would you not either go for a bigger strip session or do all using FUE in 1 session?

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

I'm assuming you would have had a 3k or whatever FUT session; say, 6 months down the road you decide you want a "touch up", and FUE would make a lot of sense for this. Or, a doctor employs a 5k FUT, but doesn't think its best to do more in a single sesson.

Because of the (lack of) invasiveness with FUE, how quickly can you hypoethitcally have a procedure done after a FUT.

-----------

You can actually do FUT and FUE in the same day. FUT is limited more by scalp laxity, where as FUE is limited more in terms of donor density. So, for example, if you require 3,000 grafts to reach your goals, but the strip harvest yields 2,900, I think it is reasonable to do do a 100 graft FUE session in the same day.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.