How long should it take before doing any strenious activities?

Mp96

I am at day 11 and not working out or playing sports is very fusterating. My doc said not to do anything strenious for an entire month. If I went back to my normal activites at the 3 week mark,would it be ok?

Hi MP,

Personally, I took it easy for 2 weeks and then started running again. As far as weights be very careful as you do not want to put pressure on the closure. I waited for about 2 months or so AND still went very light..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

thanks Mrjb. I am going on the two week mark in a couple of days. I play hockey quite a bit in my free time and I am eager to get back to playing again even though it's only been a couple of weeks.

My next game will be on the 18th day since the surgery and I am unsure if I go back I will jeopardize my results.

I think I should be alright... ?

I'd be a bit careful with hockey, a sport where there are bursts of effort.. Again, the donor area is still healing and you don't want tobut stress on it

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Mrjb:

I'd be a bit careful with hockey, a sport where there are bursts of effort.. Again, the donor area is still healing and you don't want tobut stress on it

Second that, not just for donor but for recipient because of the helmet. Listen Mp96, I understand the frustration but you have to think a little long term here, you've made an investment in your future and it requires some effort on your part to realize the benefits. Make up an excuse and avoid the game for a while.

Here's an experiment for you. At this point you should have no problem doing some light cardio. Go for a run, or get on a treadmill. See if you feel the donor area when your blood pressure rises, and see if your recipient area starts to tingle. Chances are both those things will happen so imagine what you'll feel with a helmet on in a competitive situation.

Spoon thanks for the comment.. I guess I will have to sit until the full 1 month. The donor area is pretty sore still and I don't want to jeapardize the results. Guess I will have to come up with an excuse like you were saying. Thanks again