Any advice is appreciated

Hi everyone, im new this blog but i have been a member of the "hair loss" community since i was 15. Well Im 27 now and I am finally decided to take action for my hairloss. However, I have no idea where to start. There are so many options and I have heard that having the right procedure or doctor is very important to have successful results. Can anyone give me any direction? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi everyone, im new this blog but i have been a member of the "hair loss" community since i was 15. Well Im 27 now and I am finally decided to take action for my hairloss. However, I have no idea where to start. There are so many options and I have heard that having the right procedure or doctor is very important to have successful results. Can anyone give me any direction? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

One obvious piece of advice that you will see lots of times is <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Do your research thoroughly</span> before making any final decisions. Ask as many questions as you want on the forums and to the clinics / docs if you decide to go for a HT.

It can help to be a little more specific with the questions you ask as advice is usually relevant to your personal situation.

Kj,

Welcome to the forum my man. You have came to the right place to continue you research and take your next steps my friend.

If it is regarding medicines, if you are not currently using any. You will soon see which are recommended and which should be avoided like the plague. Finasteride and Minoxidil are both FDA approved to assist in the combatting of further hairloss and there is a wealth of information on both products here, amongst many others.

If it is more of a surgical route you are looking to explore:

You are 100% correct in your comments regarding how important it is to find the right doctor. That is where this site never fails to impress me. Perhaps a good first place would be to search through the coalition surgeons list, or right here on the forum. Check out patients results, posted by both clinics and patients. Learn a few of the doctors, and search for more of their patients, both pictures and experiences. You'll soon see which doctors get mentioned over and over with such positive feedback.

After establishing which doctors interest you, then perhaps send them an online consultation with photographs and your goals for their analysis.

You have so much information at your fingertips. Really make use of the thousands of memebers and all the patients that have already undergone surgery. READ READ READ.

You are on the right path. Good luck!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.