Hair loss after op

Abby

I have recently noticed at least 4-5 hairs in the bath after a shower is this normal???? especialy when I run my fingers through my scalp, when wet.

Does transplanted have the same characteristics as normal hair after a H/T op, i,e strength in follicles attaching to scalp or are they some what weaker????. I am a little worried any replys welcome.

Thanks

I have recently noticed at least 4-5 hairs in the bath after a shower is this normal???? especialy when I run my fingers through my scalp, when wet.

Does transplanted have the same characteristics as normal hair after a H/T op, i,e strength in follicles attaching to scalp or are they some what weaker????. I am a little worried any replys welcome.

Thanks

You hairloss is dynamic ALWAYS - some emerge some fall out. Search haircycle.

Originally posted by Abby:

Thanks

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

is this happening to previously transplanted hair .this same thing happened to me after ht2.i lost alot of my hair from 1st ht and washorrified i looked athousand times better the day before ht2.but iwas told transplanted is also likely tobe shocked as native hair.imnow 4 mos post op and shocked hair is begining to return.new hair from 2nd ht is also begining to sprout a little slower than ht1 but its coming together.so good luck.hope this was helpful

Like I explained to Bill,its not comming out in clumps. I have only recently noticed the odd few hairs 3-4 on combing or washing. The suprising thing is I was about a 6 on the Norwood scale with hardly any hair on my scalp. I am aware that 1st H/T can suffer from shock but not as much as the native hair. Maybe it its been happening for a while and ive only realised now at 3 months post op.

• 2 weeks later...