Staple removal help

Hi, how do you remove the staples from the donor area? Dr Feller gave me a staple remover, but not sure exactly what to do with it. I had my surgery done in new York so obviously can't go back to the surgery, and it's impossible to get a doctors appointment at my surgery without waiting weeks. I'm getting one of my housemates to take them all (we're all training to be doctors) but need somer help...

Hi, how do you remove the staples from the donor area? Dr Feller gave me a staple remover, but not sure exactly what to do with it. I had my surgery done in new York so obviously can't go back to the surgery, and it's impossible to get a doctors appointment at my surgery without waiting weeks. I'm getting one of my housemates to take them all (we're all training to be doctors) but need somer help...

stu,

You have several options:

1. Make an appt with your general practioner (bring your staple remover)

2. Have someone else do it (wife, friend, etc.)

3. If you are crazy like me and have a tri-fold mirror, you can do it yourself icon_wink.gif

the staple remover is easy to use. you put the bottom piece in between the staple and your skin, you squeeze on the handle until the staple bends and then pull straight up. It's easier to have someone else do it though icon_wink.gif

Bill