hairpiece after transplant, temporarily????

Got a question for you all. I wear a system from HCM right now. The people i know and see everyday have never seen me bald or balding. I am planning on getting a transplant soon and dont really want to go

around with a bald shaved head. Is it possible to wear a hairpiece shortly after the surgury for about a half a year until the new hairs start coming in? What have you all done when you have gone from a

hairpiece to transplant? Please let me know as this is holding up my transplant!!! Rugby

Got a question for you all. I wear a system from HCM right now. The people i know and see everyday have never seen me bald or balding. I am planning on getting a transplant soon and dont really want to go

around with a bald shaved head. Is it possible to wear a hairpiece shortly after the surgury for about a half a year until the new hairs start coming in? What have you all done when you have gone from a

hairpiece to transplant? Please let me know as this is holding up my transplant!!! Rugby

Hi Rugby

Yes, you can wear a system after a HT. I have been wearing some kind of system for 20 years. I had a HT 3 years ago as well as one 3 months ago and continue to wear my system ... that is until I get out of it hopefully at the end of the year.

You need to be careful not to disturb the grafts at first. Since I traveled for my HT I stayed there a few days. I did this so I could go back the next day to have them shampoo my hair and give me the "once over". I stayed another day or so to let the grafts adhere without my wearing a system at all.

If you use tape the be sure to tape the system a little in front of the grafts. You will probably do this anyway in the fronT from now on but it is imporatnt especially at first. For the next few weeks you will need to be removing your system every day to wash/rinse your head/grafts in order to be sure the area stays clean as well as help remove the tiny scabs. I therefore used very little tape and only half to 1/3 the normal width (not lenth) so as not to hit the grafts as well as make it easy to remove each day. I normally wear it continuously for 5 days or so and then re-attach. During the first few weeks I removed it each morning, cleaned and reattached it until the next morning. (This was a big pain in the neck by the way!)

See my post here for more on my hair system strategy ... http://www.hair-restoration-info.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=5696015661&f=1466060861&m=4776069813&r=5926071123#5926071123

Some people might say to ditch your system and go for it. If you feel cofortable then do it.

I would not feel comfortable so I am taking the slow easy-does-it route.

Good Luck!