After 2 Transplants -need opinions... revised...

modman17

I'm frustrated.... Here's my situation. Started out as a Norwood 6. Had my first HT 12 months ago ??“2700 grafts. (in front and in crown) Had my second HT 6 months ago ??“2500 grafts. (all densely packed in front half of scalp.) Both procedures were the "strip" method. The Doctor I used is one of the "recommended" Doctors on this site. My actual hair is very thin... so I've always known that I'd need multiple procedures to achieve density. My HT Doctor had me wait 6 months after the first procedure before performing the second. So here I am, six months after the second procedure and he tells me that I have to wait another 6 months until he'll perform a third. (Something about the elasticity of the donor area ??“but he made this determination via email... without "seeing" me) What I can't seem to figure out is whether or not I should be happy with my results so far. Even with my naturally thin hair I sorta' feel like my results should be much better than they are. What do you guys think? I should also tell you that I use the following: Minox/Xandrox, Propecia (1 mg a day), Dut. (.5 mg 3 times a week.) Using this concoction helped me grow back A LOT of hair... even before my HTs... which is why I'm wondering whether out not I should be happy with the results of the 2 procedures. Maybe the drugs/Minox has stopped working for me and I've lost all of the hair that it helped to grow ??“leaving me with only the transplanted hair left? I'll upload a pic that was taken the other day ??“6 months after my 2nd HT.Please give me your opinions. Also, should I try to find a Doctor who's willing to perform a third procedure on me sooner than my original HT Doctor.

Thanks,

Modman....

I'm frustrated.... Here's my situation. Started out as a Norwood 6. Had my first HT 12 months ago ??“2700 grafts. (in front and in crown) Had my second HT 6 months ago ??“2500 grafts. (all densely packed in front half of scalp.) Both procedures were the "strip" method. The Doctor I used is one of the "recommended" Doctors on this site. My actual hair is very thin... so I've always known that I'd need multiple procedures to achieve density. My HT Doctor had me wait 6 months after the first procedure before performing the second. So here I am, six months after the second procedure and he tells me that I have to wait another 6 months until he'll perform a third. (Something about the elasticity of the donor area ??“but he made this determination via email... without "seeing" me) What I can't seem to figure out is whether or not I should be happy with my results so far. Even with my naturally thin hair I sorta' feel like my results should be much better than they are. What do you guys think? I should also tell you that I use the following: Minox/Xandrox, Propecia (1 mg a day), Dut. (.5 mg 3 times a week.) Using this concoction helped me grow back A LOT of hair... even before my HTs... which is why I'm wondering whether out not I should be happy with the results of the 2 procedures. Maybe the drugs/Minox has stopped working for me and I've lost all of the hair that it helped to grow ??“leaving me with only the transplanted hair left? I'll upload a pic that was taken the other day ??“6 months after my 2nd HT.Please give me your opinions. Also, should I try to find a Doctor who's willing to perform a third procedure on me sooner than my original HT Doctor.

Thanks,

Modman....

You don't have to wait a year. I have never heard that elasticity will be compromised if multiple surgeries are done within 12 months. The only concern, as far as I was aware, is the possibility of transection of the previously transplanted grafts.

The doctor will be making incisions in the recipient area and he wont know which areas to avoid. Better to wait another 3 months. At the 9 month mark, he'll have a good idea of what he's dealing with. icon_cool.gif

Hey Mod

Regarding your results.. 6 months into the surgery is too early to judge.. In my 2 HT's i've seen the bigeest improvement from 8-10 months.. Everyone is different so give yourself 10 months to make a fair judgement.. I have been told to wait about 8-10 months before another FUT procedure..If you were a N6 you look like you have a nice foundation for another HT focusing on density..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!