Dr. Glen Charles-Recent Procedure

AtlHairGuy

OK-I am compelled to briefly share my story after the incredible experience I just had with Dr. Glen Charles in Boca Raton, FL. This will hopefully provide encouragement for those struggling with all the decisions that go into getting a hair-transplant procedure. I am now a 41 year-old litigation attorney living in Atlanta, GA. I began noticing my thinning hair line about 12 years ago and went for two consultations at that time. One consultation was at Bosley here in Atlanta. I didn't have the money at that time so didn't pursue it-(and so very glad I waited due to the advances over the past few years). Since that time, I had probably read every topic in the history of mankind on this subject including watching this forum.

About one year ago, (noticing my "horse-shoe" hair-line--not really getting worse but still something I wanted to do something about)-I began additional research. Being a litigation attorney and investigative by nature-my goal was to find the best doctor to perform my surgery-regardless of cost. I chose what I considered to be the top surgeons with excellent reputations-(based on various sources including past patients of each)-and consulted with same-two doctors in south FL-one doctor in Atlanta-and two additional faciliteis in Atlanta. Although each of the doctors were impressive-I had no question that I would go with Dr. Charles in Boca Raton, FL from the time of my complimentary consultation with him. The reasons are as follows; During my consultation, Dr. Charles met with me personally-(I was not screened by a "Consultant/Sales-person")-and he explained the procedure in excrutiating detail. He then explained what he could do for me, why he recommended a certain hair-line-(reminding me that I did not want to be a 60 year-old litigation attorney in front of a jury in 20 years with an 18 year-old hairline)-what the various possiblities were and factors to consider down the road for any future or additional procedures-(if needed)-what to expect post-surgical-and then addressed the cost. At the conclusion of our meeting-he assured me he could help, he wanted to do the procedure for me, but he recommended for me to continue my research, talk with other doctors, and then let him know if he could help me.

Folks-call it a sales technique or what, but that was instant credibility. In terms of cost, Dr. Charles was extremely competitive and reasonable-not the cheapest and certainly not the most expensive. He also provided me with a discount for travel reimbursement as I would be traveling from Atlanta. Once I decided to book my appointment, Dr. Charles said "you are now a patient of mine-here is my cell number-and call me anytime you have questions".

My procedure of approximatley 1437 graphs was performed three weeks ago-(11/4/05). I was floored at how smoothly and painless it was. From the moment I walked in-Dr. Charles reviewed our game plan once again-made sure we were on teh same page about what we were to accomplish together-and then explained each and every thing that he was going to do. He then gave me a pain pill-I then sat there for several hours-talked to his incredible staff-was given a list of hunderds of movies to watch-(I chose 6 hours of news)-took breaks when needed-while they performed their magic. I experienced ZERO pain during my procedure-(just a small tingle at the beginning when he would numb me with the needle). After the procedure-he sat me down and again reviewd everything and what to expect in the days and months to follow. He then made sure I again had his cell phone number and I went on my way. He called me several hours latter to check on me and to remind me of several things to do for optimal results. The scabbing was completely gone in one week-I was back in the office the 2nd day after the procedure-and I was in court in only 7 days follwoing the procedure. Dr. Charles also lined up a doctor here in Atlatn to remove my stitches-(a doctor who also does hair transplant surgery here)-and the doctor commented as to how how precise and clean the suture line was).

My "new-hair" is now shedding and the hard part of waiting has begun. I will cerainly keep this forum updated on how the hair looks once it starts coming in. As you can tell from my post here, my entire experience with Dr. Charles and his staff could not have been more pleasant, and I reommend Dr. Charles and his staff without hesitation!

OK-I am compelled to briefly share my story after the incredible experience I just had with Dr. Glen Charles in Boca Raton, FL. This will hopefully provide encouragement for those struggling with all the decisions that go into getting a hair-transplant procedure. I am now a 41 year-old litigation attorney living in Atlanta, GA. I began noticing my thinning hair line about 12 years ago and went for two consultations at that time. One consultation was at Bosley here in Atlanta. I didn't have the money at that time so didn't pursue it-(and so very glad I waited due to the advances over the past few years). Since that time, I had probably read every topic in the history of mankind on this subject including watching this forum.

About one year ago, (noticing my "horse-shoe" hair-line--not really getting worse but still something I wanted to do something about)-I began additional research. Being a litigation attorney and investigative by nature-my goal was to find the best doctor to perform my surgery-regardless of cost. I chose what I considered to be the top surgeons with excellent reputations-(based on various sources including past patients of each)-and consulted with same-two doctors in south FL-one doctor in Atlanta-and two additional faciliteis in Atlanta. Although each of the doctors were impressive-I had no question that I would go with Dr. Charles in Boca Raton, FL from the time of my complimentary consultation with him. The reasons are as follows; During my consultation, Dr. Charles met with me personally-(I was not screened by a "Consultant/Sales-person")-and he explained the procedure in excrutiating detail. He then explained what he could do for me, why he recommended a certain hair-line-(reminding me that I did not want to be a 60 year-old litigation attorney in front of a jury in 20 years with an 18 year-old hairline)-what the various possiblities were and factors to consider down the road for any future or additional procedures-(if needed)-what to expect post-surgical-and then addressed the cost. At the conclusion of our meeting-he assured me he could help, he wanted to do the procedure for me, but he recommended for me to continue my research, talk with other doctors, and then let him know if he could help me.

Folks-call it a sales technique or what, but that was instant credibility. In terms of cost, Dr. Charles was extremely competitive and reasonable-not the cheapest and certainly not the most expensive. He also provided me with a discount for travel reimbursement as I would be traveling from Atlanta. Once I decided to book my appointment, Dr. Charles said "you are now a patient of mine-here is my cell number-and call me anytime you have questions".

My procedure of approximatley 1437 graphs was performed three weeks ago-(11/4/05). I was floored at how smoothly and painless it was. From the moment I walked in-Dr. Charles reviewed our game plan once again-made sure we were on teh same page about what we were to accomplish together-and then explained each and every thing that he was going to do. He then gave me a pain pill-I then sat there for several hours-talked to his incredible staff-was given a list of hunderds of movies to watch-(I chose 6 hours of news)-took breaks when needed-while they performed their magic. I experienced ZERO pain during my procedure-(just a small tingle at the beginning when he would numb me with the needle). After the procedure-he sat me down and again reviewd everything and what to expect in the days and months to follow. He then made sure I again had his cell phone number and I went on my way. He called me several hours latter to check on me and to remind me of several things to do for optimal results. The scabbing was completely gone in one week-I was back in the office the 2nd day after the procedure-and I was in court in only 7 days follwoing the procedure. Dr. Charles also lined up a doctor here in Atlatn to remove my stitches-(a doctor who also does hair transplant surgery here)-and the doctor commented as to how how precise and clean the suture line was).

My "new-hair" is now shedding and the hard part of waiting has begun. I will cerainly keep this forum updated on how the hair looks once it starts coming in. As you can tell from my post here, my entire experience with Dr. Charles and his staff could not have been more pleasant, and I reommend Dr. Charles and his staff without hesitation!

AtlHairGuy

AtlHairGuy , When you say you were back in court 7 days later, could you tell you had a ht? was it totally unnoticable by then? This is the part I have not toyally nailed down yet, wondering at what point are you back to pre-op stage? I understand the back will take longer, but in the recipient area. Thanks for your contributions on this site.

The scabbing was totally gone 7 days post-op. All that was there were the graphs/hair-I had let the front of my hair grow about 2-3 inches around where my work was done-so it pretty much covered it up at that point. If I had not let my hair grow a little longer around the area worked on-it would have just looked like I had a buzz cut.

Originally posted by troy:
AtlHairGuy

AtlHairGuy , When you say you were back in court 7 days later, could you tell you had a ht? was it totally unnoticable by then? This is the part I have not toyally nailed down yet, wondering at what point are you back to pre-op stage? I understand the back will take longer, but in the recipient area. Thanks for your contributions on this site.

If you are having a larger HT, I had 2700, it is definately going to be noticeable after 7 days - I estimate a couple of months at least. Unless you are completely bald then you would be back to your pre-op state once the grafts shed after about three weeks. I had some hair that was shaved off and that makes mine obvious.

PB

when you say it would be noticable for a few months, why do you say that? head is red? tiny hairs? I have heard a lot of mixed reviews on this, One patient I met said he was back to work the next day and noone will notice, with out a hat on either. I have seen shapiro immediate post op pics and they do look incredible, in comparrison to some others I have seen on this forum. so trying to get a understanding from people who have work done at shapiro or by one of there docs, what to expect post op. If I could get some feed back that would be great. thanks

Originally posted by troy:

when you say it would be noticable for a few months, why do you say that? head is red? tiny hairs? I have heard a lot of mixed reviews on this, One patient I met said he was back to work the next day and noone will notice, with out a hat on either. I have seen shapiro immediate post op pics and they do look incredible, in comparrison to some others I have seen on this forum. so trying to get a understanding from people who have work done at shapiro or by one of there docs, what to expect post op. If I could get some feed back that would be great. thanks

What makes mine obvious is that so much hair has been shaved off. The whole front was shaved completely so I don't have anything to cover the transplanted area. My scalp looks fine, not really that red and the scar really is just a thin white line just 8 days post-op. Perhaps I should say that the change is obvious, it's probably not obvious that I've had a hair transplant... I left with long thinning hair at the front and now I've got dense packed stubble at the front and long hair everywhere else...

• Administrators

AtlHairGuy,

Congratulations on a wise choice and thanks for sharing your experience.

Given how tiny the incisions from Ultra Refined Follicular Unit Grafting are I'm not surprised at all to hear the you were comfortable in court seven days later.

In addition to the ability to pack grafts closer together to create more density in one pass, the small incisions also heal faster than ever.

I hope you return in a few months and post photos of your new hair growing in.

Stay in touch on the forum and best wishes for a bumper crop.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.