Lifting Weights Post Op?

I'm wondering here guys, when is it absolutely safe to start lifting weights after an HT? The main concern being donor scar stretching here. How long should I wait before I start working out again, and making sure that my scar won't stretch at all? I want to get back in shape here, but really don't want the scar to stretch.

Cheers,

danger

I'm wondering here guys, when is it absolutely safe to start lifting weights after an HT? The main concern being donor scar stretching here. How long should I wait before I start working out again, and making sure that my scar won't stretch at all? I want to get back in shape here, but really don't want the scar to stretch.

Cheers,

danger

Yes scars can stretch up to 6 months-- most within first 3 months.

First 4 weeks post op- do not do any excercises even though they say you can do cardio 2 weeks later-- I want everything healed and no sweat -- so first 4 weeks, I do not excercise-- take Omega 3 and fish oil to help prevent muscle breakdown by as much as 40%-- pro body builders who take off 3-4 weeks after big contests do this.

Then at 4 weeks, develop a cardio workout for 4 weeks with weight circuit like hammer strength stuff. THen at 8 weeks start using weights that are lighter then go back to normal routine at 12 weeks.-- That has been my routine and as long as you watch your diet during these 3 months then you should stay in the same shape-- your strength will decreas a little but your shape should be OK.