Dr recommendations in Los Angeles

Hello Gents (and ladies)

First off, THANK YOU for taking the time to cultivate such an informative forum. It is truly helpful to a HT "short bus" guy like me.

Im 31 yrs old, started losing hair at 25, have the classic M shaped hairline with an increasingly pronounced "island" building at the top/front of my head, luckily still have most of my hair in the top/back. Looking for a combo of propecia (started this week) and 1500FU transplant.

Ive been researching HT's for a couple months and just had my first consultation at Dr.Zierings office in LA. I have to admit, I was impressed with him, his staff, and his mico mini grafting techniques.

However, after browsing some of the info on this site, Im feeling a bit unnerved and really want some advice from people who KNOW.

Can anyone recommend 1-3 HT surgeons in the LA area for me to check out?

Any recent personal experience with Dr. Ziering? (POST MHR)

I would be truly appreciative!

THANKS

Hello Gents (and ladies)

First off, THANK YOU for taking the time to cultivate such an informative forum. It is truly helpful to a HT "short bus" guy like me.

Im 31 yrs old, started losing hair at 25, have the classic M shaped hairline with an increasingly pronounced "island" building at the top/front of my head, luckily still have most of my hair in the top/back. Looking for a combo of propecia (started this week) and 1500FU transplant.

Ive been researching HT's for a couple months and just had my first consultation at Dr.Zierings office in LA. I have to admit, I was impressed with him, his staff, and his mico mini grafting techniques.

However, after browsing some of the info on this site, Im feeling a bit unnerved and really want some advice from people who KNOW.

Can anyone recommend 1-3 HT surgeons in the LA area for me to check out?

Any recent personal experience with Dr. Ziering? (POST MHR)

I would be truly appreciative!

THANKS

I would recommend the "all-FU" transplant first and foremost. I personally wouldn't get any Minigrafts at all. Minigrafts do not look as natural as FU grafts, and need to be surrounded with FUs. They are also aren't as efficient a way to use your limited donor supply.

Read the part of the website "Best_hair_transplant_procedure" (linked off the first page) for the Cliffs Notes explanation on why FU grafts are cosmetically superior.

Most of the guys who post here that have had Minigrafts have regretted it, and many of those guys have later paid a doctor to go back and surgically "correct" those grafts and turn them into less-bulky FUs.

However some guys have gotten Minigrafts and were not unhappy about them, so maybe you will get lucky.

If it was my head, I would try to stack the odds of success in my favor. More guys are more satisfied more often, with an all-FU transplant.

I advise you to read up on why microscopes are important in graft preparation (increase graft yield by a reported 20 to 30 percent). If I were you, I'd make sure my doctor or clinic had tons of experience with microscopically-dissected FU grafts.

Also, shock loss can be a concern. You might want to wait until you have been on Propecia for a good while, before you undergo surgery.

You will see time and time again, people giving the advice to not let distance effect your decison. You must choose the surgeon who you feel will do the absolute best. Remember, you're stuck with your decision from here on out. I think most places cut you some slack for traveling expenses.

In the LA area you've got Dr's Rassman and McClellan over at NHI who are doing all-FU work. I just had my second procedure of 1700+ by Dr McClellan this month, which will be adding density to a 1200+ FU "repair" procedure he did over one year ago. Although I have no problem whatsoever in recommending Dr M or NHI, I would not limit myself solely to a certain geographical area to make my decision on who will be doing my work.

trying2moveahead

SlaveToMyGenetics,

the higher the effort to learn the technology, talk/meet doctors and their patients, the better off you are.. dont forget, transplanted hair is going to follow us all the way to our graves!

people are flying across the continents for hair transplantation..

Signature:Please click here to vote for the doctor you would go to if you needed a hair transplantation today!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

I am also from LA and I saw McAnderew and Rassman at the end I decided on Shapiro. The total cost came out cheaper then staying in LA and I got one of the best. I thought the samething you did at first, but tommorow I am off to Minasota. With so few good doctors out there you got to expand.

let all work together

Research makes perfect