An Academic Questions For The HT Experts - (Sorry if it is a stupid one)!

Hello,

I am really just learning about all topics and remedies associated with Hair loss and would like to ask the experts the following regarding hair transplantation:

These days, as long as there is a donor match, many tissues and organs can be transplanted between people - blood, heart, liver, kidneys, etc., not to mention all the cloning & genetic stuff going on.

It may be a very stupid question, but if one can transplant matching organs, why not hair from another person which 'biologically' matches ones own hair and that ones body will not reject?

The theory as to my very basic understanding is that transplanted hairs from the back of the head are very resistant to balding but currently one is limited to any HT procedure by the level of baldness and the amount of suitable hair in the donor area. If one could source 'biologically matching' hair from willing donors - then will this not make the process more effective (if possible) or does every human being on the planet have totally 'biologically' unique hair? If so, why? Is not the case with many other organs.

Also, if in some baldness is genetic, then why, in some families does one find some siblings that are totally or very bald and others that have a full head of hair and do not bald?

I am sorry if the questions are ridiculous or stupid - I am just trying to learn!

Regards,

Balding Indian!

Hello,

I am really just learning about all topics and remedies associated with Hair loss and would like to ask the experts the following regarding hair transplantation:

These days, as long as there is a donor match, many tissues and organs can be transplanted between people - blood, heart, liver, kidneys, etc., not to mention all the cloning & genetic stuff going on.

It may be a very stupid question, but if one can transplant matching organs, why not hair from another person which 'biologically' matches ones own hair and that ones body will not reject?

The theory as to my very basic understanding is that transplanted hairs from the back of the head are very resistant to balding but currently one is limited to any HT procedure by the level of baldness and the amount of suitable hair in the donor area. If one could source 'biologically matching' hair from willing donors - then will this not make the process more effective (if possible) or does every human being on the planet have totally 'biologically' unique hair? If so, why? Is not the case with many other organs.

Also, if in some baldness is genetic, then why, in some families does one find some siblings that are totally or very bald and others that have a full head of hair and do not bald?

I am sorry if the questions are ridiculous or stupid - I am just trying to learn!

Regards,

Balding Indian!

Hi Indian

first of all regarding transplants from other people ( i.e. organ donor example). These patience take very strong auto-immunity drugs to keep the body from rejecting the new organ. To do this for a HT is not practical.

Question number 2, balding is a genetic trait but sometimes it skips a generation etc. An example: Not all brothers have the same eye color, height, or body frame. My dad has a FULL head of hair and his brother is bald..

Go figure

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi Mrjb,

Thanks for that - I did see a programme once where a man had his hand & arm transplanted and indeed, he did have to stay on these anti-rejection drugs for the rest of his life.

I now know thanks to you, that in familes these genetic traits can skip which would explain why siblings can have different hair traits but, why is that if one has say, blood, heart, kidney transplants one does not need anti - rejection drugs (as long as it matches) but there is no such thing as matching hair? It obviously cannot be done but I just wonder why - what makes hair different to say a heart or a kidney?

Funny huh, For thousands of years, virtually every culture on the planet has been trying to find a cure to hair loss & regrowth and modern science has been continually been trying for decades - probably hundreds of institions around the world simulataeneously but the humble hair has beaten them all! I believe that hair even grows once one dies so there is something that is very stubborn and obstinate about where it decides to and not to!

Regards,

Balding Indian!