22 and balding quick...need some advice

MeeKs

im not expecting anything but that ugly, if hair grows even better. i just want to stop it now so i can have the option to get a HT in the future and come out with good results.

Originally posted by MeeKs:

thats what i am going to do jagdish, i bought some generic stuff from united pharmacies, i was told this is the same thing just cheaper without a script. we will see how well it works.

http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/customer/product.php?pr...tid=449&cat=0&page=1

thats what i got. what do you think?

That is the CHEAPEST solution available and it is same as propecia. What I was also trying to tell is concealers do well with your kind of hairloss. Try toppik or dermimatch. They make your hair look fuller.

Ravi Vide

UGLY MAN 4 LIFE, i just received my proscar and have a few questions. i should break the pills up with a knive in 1/4's correct? and i should be taking 1/4 a pill every day. it doesnt matter what time of day as long as its every day?

thanks

hey isn't it dangerous to download proscar off of ebay w/out a prescription? i'm pretty sure you could get busted big time for that, although I'm not sure any law enforcement agencies care or pay any attention to that. my doc told me she didn't know if proscar had the same absorbancy for hair loss as propecia. sounds like bullshit to me, but i haven't been motivated to go further out of my way to get a proscar prescription.

as for meeks - disclaimer: i'm 20, and my hairloss is not as advanced as yours.

BUT, I would recommend you get on Propecia and Rogaine. From what I've learned and what I've seen, there is an initial shedding period of around 6 months. I would say that my hair probably continued to get thinner the first 6-12 months. Now, i'm not positive, but it SEEMS that the past 6-9 months my hair has stayed about the same density.

In short, i'd recommend you get on these drugs, wait a few years, to see if you think this is going to halt your hair loss, and if it does, you'll feel a lot better about surgery. if it doesn't you may still want to do surgery, but if you are significantly balder you might not want to risk a "cosmetic nightmare" as i've heard it described more than a few times.

above any of my advice, i'd say go talk to an HT doctor, and see what they have to say, but from what i've heard is you should avoid doctors who try to get you to sign up for an operation less than 6-12 months from the appointment date.

but from what i've heard is you should avoid doctors who try to get you to sign up for an operation less than 6-12 months from the appointment date.

what u are talking about?

btw i dont think propecia shedding period is 6-12 months,that would be too long !

i started propecia 4 weeks ago and im shedding alot now !! it would be really scary if my hair does not re-grow!

i`ve read somewhere on forum that guy said he was shedding also first 3 months but never saw regrowth after that!

that would suck cuz i think in this 4 weeks i lost hair like i lost in past 5 years!!

Originally posted by maki8787:
but from what i've heard is you should avoid doctors who try to get you to sign up for an operation less than 6-12 months from the appointment date.

what u are talking about?

btw i dont think propecia shedding period is 6-12 months,that would be too long !

i started propecia 4 weeks ago and im shedding alot now !! it would be really scary if my hair does not re-grow!

i`ve read somewhere on forum that guy said he was shedding also first 3 months but never saw regrowth after that!

that would suck cuz i think in this 4 weeks i lost hair like i lost in past 5 years!!

I sheeded also like hell when I was on propecia the first weeks, I think I lost hair that I did lose in 2 years, so I completly stoped as I got scared.

After I stopped the hair regrew and later I went on it again and the second time I did not shade but still it was like a year between my stop and start.

But I dont think propecia stops the hair in the front, propably only in the back as to my experience. But I do not belive it will halt completly just slowing, so the question is if its good idea or not to drug myself just to slow it down =/

//Robo

Actually, here's a website that claims finasteride can cause dizziness:

http://www.healingwithnutrition.com/pdisease/prostate/prostatedrugs.html

"Adverse Reactions: Side effects include breast enlargement and tenderness, skin rash, swelling of lips, abdominal pain, back pain, decreased libido, decreased volume of ejaculate, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, and impotence. "

Here are some links to threads with people experiencing a similar phenomina:

http://hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10...05&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

http://hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10...52&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

http://hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10...17&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

http://hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10...85&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

http://hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10...85&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

http://hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10...08&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

You should probably look into that, maybe think about lowering the dose.

Originally posted by RoboNick:

But I dont think propecia stops the hair in the front, propably only in the back as to my experience. But I do not belive it will halt completly just slowing, so the question is if its good idea or not to drug myself just to slow it down =/

well i dont have any sides from propecia, just shedding.

I also wonder if its worth taking it cuz im losing hair only in front.

When i read about propecia on internet forums i find mixed results,but all HT doctors i talked with they racomended highly propecia!!

i will have HT in 2 months and my doctor racomanded me to use propecia.

but yeah,i hope all this hair i lost because of propecia will grow again!!!

//Robo

and to reply to UGLY MAN 4 LIFE ,people who post on hairlosshelp.com forums are so negative, almost everybody there are against HT or propecia.

i cant bealive 90% of people there on hairlosshelp.com forums have sides of propecia!??

remember,3 HT doctors i spoke with they racomanded propecia and almost ALL their pacients are using propecia!!!

only thing im scared now is shadding,i lost a lot of hair in last 4 weeks on propecia!!

I have a LOT of trouble keeping focus and concentrating on things, and i always have, but it seems to have gotten worse this year, my sophomore year in college. I'm not saying that this is because of the propecia, but it might be interesting to go off of it just to see if there's a difference. How long do you think I'd have to be off of it to notice a difference? and in addition to that, how long do you think it would be safe to go off of it w/out any expedited hair loss? anybody?

Originally posted by maki8787:

and to reply to UGLY MAN 4 LIFE ,people who post on hairlosshelp.com forums are so negative, almost everybody there are against HT or propecia.

i cant bealive 90% of people there on hairlosshelp.com forums have sides of propecia!??

remember,3 HT doctors i spoke with they racomanded propecia and almost ALL their pacients are using propecia!!!

only thing im scared now is shadding,i lost a lot of hair in last 4 weeks on propecia!!

Dude, I'm not against him taking propecia. I'm taking propecia myself, I was just checking if other people have felt dizzy.

The people who are against HT's at HLH are a select few and they are also the same group of loudmouths who push FUE. They are the same people who engage in bickering with anybody who says anything against FUE or any of it's pracising doctors.

All you have to do is look at the time when Peter Mac (very smart guy who worked in the HT field) published a study he did on which technique offered the highest potential donour availability. Instead of using logic to debate you had a bunch of troublemakers attacking Peter directly, and not his study.

I prefer the level headed approach used here. Here at least you warn younger patients of the dangers but you don't use b.s. rhetoric about armani hairlines being "screaming obvious". It gets tiring and the young guys just end up leaving the forum and going to bosley.

Originally posted by MeeKs:
Originally posted by jagdish:

Meeks,

I would strongly suggest you to get on to propecia immediately and wait for atleast 6 months for the results. I am seeing some amazing results with that. You can use concealers like Dermimatch and Toppik to cover your baldness. I bet, propecia and concealers will hide your baldness till you become mature enough to decide on HT.

thats what i am going to do jagdish, i bought some generic stuff from united pharmacies, i was told this is the same thing just cheaper without a script. we will see how well it works.

http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/customer/product.php?pr...tid=449&cat=0&page=1

thats what i got. what do you think?

Big thanks for the united pharmacies link. I was going through xlpharmacy.com but they keep raising prices and shipping too! I've been using finpecia and it seems to be working well.

i havent had any problems with concentration. i just feel a little dizzy for about 10 minutes or so after i take it then it goes away. i figure ill stick with it for now and see where it takes me.

I have been taking finax(generic propecia) for last 82 days and I did not see any side effects except that my sperm become a bit watery. When I started taking it, my head was shaved. So I could not observe any shedding. Now I can see some new hairs started growing all over including the hairline. But they does not seem to be growing as faster as my native hair. But so far very good results. No dizzyness, No decreased libido no side effects at all.

I do 75 to 90 minutes of weight training for 4 days a week, 1 hour of cardio for 5 days a week and I take good proteined food. I think these factors are keeping me away from side effects. This is my personal feeling. I may be wrong.

Ravi Vide

• 5 weeks later...

well ive been propecia for about a month now and i guess i can say its beginning to do something. i believe i am beginning to shed. im noticing more hair in my hands in the shower when i shampoo and the back top of my head seems to be thinning quick. it doesnt bother me that much because i know (hope) that in the long run it will pay off.

ill keep you all posted on my progress.