PROPECIA TOLERANCE

frak82

Hi. I am a 24 year old male about to start taking Propecia.

I have heard from many stories that it quits working after a couple years. Some people say this is true, some people say it's not.

Something that is never talked about is whether or not starting with a low dosage of propecia (0.25mg or 0.5mg) and increasing it after a few years will prevent any kind of "tolerance" from occurring.

If I increase my dosage of propecia, will it be BETTER at blocking DHT? If so, will increased effectiveness stop at a certain dosage? (2mg or so?)

I want the full scoop on this icon_smile.gif

I have not started taking it because I do not know what dosage to start with.

Originally posted by frak82:

Hi. I am a 24 year old male about to start taking Propecia.

I have heard from many stories that it quits working after a couple years. Some people say this is true, some people say it's not.

Something that is never talked about is whether or not starting with a low dosage of propecia (0.25mg or 0.5mg) and increasing it after a few years will prevent any kind of "tolerance" from occurring.

If I increase my dosage of propecia, will it be BETTER at blocking DHT? If so, will increased effectiveness stop at a certain dosage? (2mg or so?)

I want the full scoop on this icon_smile.gif

I have not started taking it because I do not know what dosage to start with.

From what I've read, it seems that there is a point that occurs between 1-3 years where Propecia will no longer regrow hair but it will still hold what has (maybe) regrown and the hair that it had been "protecting" from falling out.

I think you should just start taking the 1 mg tablets, like most doctors prescribe.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

From what I've read, it seems that there is a point that occurs between 1-3 years where Propecia will no longer regrow hair but it will still hold what has (maybe) regrown and the hair that it had been "protecting" from falling out.

I think you should just start taking the 1 mg tablets, like most doctors prescribe.

Ok. this is pretty good news.

Do you or anybody know how long the regrown hair and retained hair will stay, while continuing to take the drug? Forever?

Also, when does the drug start taking effect to retain hair? I've read on the website that it takes "3 months till you see results". Does this mean that the drug takes 3 months till it starts retaining hair, or 3 months till it starts to regrow hair?