dilemma

Belgiumdude

What should one choose, hair or face? This is my question...

Proscar gives me acne which i hate, no proscar makes my hair fall out, which i hate. This is a choice i dont want to make.

Maybe i can quit the proscar and get on rogaine, as i am sure the acne comes from the proscar. I' ve quit it for a week, and none of those irritating pimples came back.

I use tons of anti-acne stuff but that just wont work, months on accutane didnt change a bit. The only thing that works is to stay of the proscar.

I guess the only thing i can do is to go full force on the topicals ( rogaine, spiro, ... ) and i hope i wont get any of the side-effect that could occur with those products. icon_frown.gif

Greetz.

Pictures of my hairloss can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiumdude2004/

What should one choose, hair or face? This is my question...

Proscar gives me acne which i hate, no proscar makes my hair fall out, which i hate. This is a choice i dont want to make.

Maybe i can quit the proscar and get on rogaine, as i am sure the acne comes from the proscar. I' ve quit it for a week, and none of those irritating pimples came back.

I use tons of anti-acne stuff but that just wont work, months on accutane didnt change a bit. The only thing that works is to stay of the proscar.

I guess the only thing i can do is to go full force on the topicals ( rogaine, spiro, ... ) and i hope i wont get any of the side-effect that could occur with those products. icon_frown.gif

Greetz.

Pictures of my hairloss can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiumdude2004/

This is a difficult decision and only you can chose!Although,if you go out into the sun,with sunblock of course;it may lessen or dry up those existing blemishes.Good luck!

It has been the other way for me. Since I have been on Proscar my skin seem's better. much fewer breakout's.

I've had bad skin my whole life and it just seem's much better while I've been on Proscar.

Who know's ?

i'd pick the acne,look at ray liotta the actor,not a great complextion,but good hair.seems to work for him.you can always work on the acne with otc products.

Begiumdude,

This is so basic I'm sure you already know it, but don't forget that one of the best ways to reduce acne is to simply not to touch your face. Obviously keeping it clean all day goes hand-in-hand with this. My advice is not to give up attempting to control the acne just yet and try to stay on Finesteride. This is the most effective proven hair-loss prevention that is relatively safe. Plus the simplicity of only having to take a pill once a day means you are more likely to stay with it long-term. Peace out.

GratefulHead