SCAR AREA COVER-UPS

Guest bro66

DermMatch is a hair thickening agent, and I suppose it could be used to color over an area of scalp, but it would be obvious on very short hair.

I've used it briefly but it seems to work well and I will use it once this hair transplant grows in. It's a good way to get more "mileage" out of the current state of your hair and then get your finances in order for a transplant which will hopefully produce naturally, the result of what DermMatch does artificially.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Guest bro66

im about 6 months past my HT, and i just need it to cover my donar area for one day, wasnt planning to use on a regular basis.

You can use a mascara pencil that is the same colour as your hair and shade the area. I did this when I had a little shock loss and it worked well. You can get it at the pharmacy.

Guest bro66

yeah, i was thinking about just getting an eyebrow pencil or mascara, but i've already ordered the dermmatch, i'll try both.

Originally posted by bro66:

im about 6 months past my HT, and i just need it to cover my donar area for one day, wasnt planning to use on a regular basis.

Why do you need to cover your donor if you are 6 months post-op icon_confused.gif?? I am also 6 months post-op and my donor area has been back to normal for 3 months, at least.

I tried DermMatch when my transplanted hair was in its early stages of growth and it didn't really help, it looked like I'd smeared boot polish on my head and I got more on my scalp than on my hair.

Guest bro66

The hair hasn't completely grown back on my scar, mostly just around it. I've been keeping my hair short and buzzed until the transplants start growing, hopefully soon. It's not long enough to cover the scar.

You say you don't have any growth yet at 6 months?

Some people are late bloomers so I don't want my un-professional opinion to alarm you but usually there is something happening by 6 months.

Do you have any pics of your recipient and scar.

Give us an idea what's going on there. You could get some better advice.

Guest bro66

brianf, thats not exactly true, things are progressing the way they should, it could take longer, and maybe longer for me since i am black, not sure about that. most of the transplants are starting to grow, my hairline is much more defined, and there is some growth on the scar, it's just not full enough to cover it. again, i've been cutting my hair very short since the HT, i probably need to start growing it back out now, esp. since it will be 6 months in june. if a lot of you guys cut your hair down to a buzz or bald, your scar area would be very noticable too. my head doesn't look different from some of the pics i've seen on this web site, and my follow ups have been monthly, so im not alarmed or worried at this point.