Minoxidil Sulfate

Rick055

Products like Spectral DNC claim to use minoxidil sulfate (I think) and it's supposed to be more powerful than other forms of minoxidil. There are people on ebay selling minox sulfate, too.

But after some searching, the cheapest I can find minoxidil sulfate for is $25.00 per mg, meaning a single ml of a 5% solution would cost more than $1,250 just to produce.

Is my math wrong or am I missing something?

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo

Products like Spectral DNC claim to use minoxidil sulfate (I think) and it's supposed to be more powerful than other forms of minoxidil. There are people on ebay selling minox sulfate, too.

But after some searching, the cheapest I can find minoxidil sulfate for is $25.00 per mg, meaning a single ml of a 5% solution would cost more than $1,250 just to produce.

Is my math wrong or am I missing something?

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo

• 8 years later...

I have been using "Minoxidil Sulfate" for a while now.

It's seems to be the only form of minoxidil that works for me (& I have tried them all).

I did some more reading about Minoxidil sulfate that I found interesting.

I read that regular Minoxidil doesn't work on some individuals because of a lack of a certain naturally produced enzyme on their scalp/skin, & therefore, they will never see any results.

Minoxidil Sulfate takes care of this problem because whether or not the individual has this "enzyme" it will work regardless.

I can't speak for anyone else, but Minox Sulfate has been a God send for me.

I can even see new hairs that are growing well below my normal hairline (about an inch to an inch & a half). So much so, that sometimes I have to pluck them because they are growing too low below my hairline.

But, that could also be because sometimes I'm in a rush and do not properly wash and Minox Sulfate that drips down my forehead.

I should try applying it to the back of my hand as an experiment to see if I grow hair there,lol.

If you google "minoxidil sulfate buy" the 3rd link down id selling minoxidil sulfate powder for between $180-$230 a kilo, so it's not that expensive, but it is typically more expensive than regular minoxidil.

2 major advantages of Minox sulfate is that it is very water soluble, which means it doesn't leave any goopy propylene glycol mess. Also I read the bioavailablity of water based minoxidils are far more superior the propylene glycol based minoxidil topicals.

IDK if I can't post links here, even though it is a link to a clinical study. But, the study says:

"The water-soluble minoxidil composition is formulated by mixing minoxidil with polymers and enhancers. The polymers in the composition maintain the solubility of minoxidil in the water-based formula. The enhancers improve the transdermal efficacy of minoxidil in comparison with that of 5% Rogaine. In FIG. 1, the dorsal skins of rat were treated with various water-soluble minoxidil compositions or 5% Rogaine for 1 hour. The intact or decutinized skins were cut, and homogenized. The permeated minoxidil was extracted and analyzed by HPLC. The results indicated the 2% water-soluble minoxidil composition achieved the same penetrating ability as that of 5% Rogaine. In FIG. 2, the 2% water-soluble minoxidil composition, with or without an enhancer for either a 6-hour or 24-hour period, had a greater transdermal enhancement than that of 5% Rogaine."

If you google the quote above you might find the study that I'm talking about.

Take care.

Rachel

• 6 years later...
On 1/20/2017 at 4:58 PM, rachel1967 said:

I have been using "Minoxidil Sulfate" for a while now.

It's seems to be the only form of minoxidil that works for me (& I have tried them all).

I did some more reading about Minoxidil sulfate that I found interesting.

I read that regular Minoxidil doesn't work on some individuals because of a lack of a certain naturally produced enzyme on their scalp/skin, & therefore, they will never see any results.

Minoxidil Sulfate takes care of this problem because whether or not the individual has this "enzyme" it will work regardless.

I can't speak for anyone else, but Minox Sulfate has been a God send for me.

I can even see new hairs that are growing well below my normal hairline (about an inch to an inch & a half). So much so, that sometimes I have to pluck them because they are growing too low below my hairline.

But, that could also be because sometimes I'm in a rush and do not properly wash and Minox Sulfate that drips down my forehead.

I should try applying it to the back of my hand as an experiment to see if I grow hair there,lol.

If you google "minoxidil sulfate buy" the 3rd link down id selling minoxidil sulfate powder for between $180-$230 a kilo, so it's not that expensive, but it is typically more expensive than regular minoxidil.

2 major advantages of Minox sulfate is that it is very water soluble, which means it doesn't leave any goopy propylene glycol mess. Also I read the bioavailablity of water based minoxidils are far more superior the propylene glycol based minoxidil topicals.

IDK if I can't post links here, even though it is a link to a clinical study. But, the study says:

"The water-soluble minoxidil composition is formulated by mixing minoxidil with polymers and enhancers. The polymers in the composition maintain the solubility of minoxidil in the water-based formula. The enhancers improve the transdermal efficacy of minoxidil in comparison with that of 5% Rogaine. In FIG. 1, the dorsal skins of rat were treated with various water-soluble minoxidil compositions or 5% Rogaine for 1 hour. The intact or decutinized skins were cut, and homogenized. The permeated minoxidil was extracted and analyzed by HPLC. The results indicated the 2% water-soluble minoxidil composition achieved the same penetrating ability as that of 5% Rogaine. In FIG. 2, the 2% water-soluble minoxidil composition, with or without an enhancer for either a 6-hour or 24-hour period, had a greater transdermal enhancement than that of 5% Rogaine."

If you google the quote above you might find the study that I'm talking about.

Take care.

Rachel

Are you still using Min Sulfate and if so, where do you purchase from?