Hair Line Lowering

Has anyone heard anything about a procedure that lowers the hairline surgically. I had posted in the past that my concerns are about my natural hirline. I've been doing some research and came across a procedure that lowers the hairline. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks Again,

Mike

Has anyone heard anything about a procedure that lowers the hairline surgically. I had posted in the past that my concerns are about my natural hirline. I've been doing some research and came across a procedure that lowers the hairline. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks Again,

Mike

Guest Cousin_It

Mike...

I guess you are referring to a "forehead reduction". This is commonly done to men and women with a so called "high hairline". It usually works very well in women but with men it can be problematic, since a majority of men can be vulnerable to MPB. Guess what will happen when your hairline recedes in this scenario, the incision will become visible thereby causing another cosmetic problem.

You do not state how old you are, but I bet somewhere in your 20's. Also I have no idea what your future hair loss will be. Considering this age and unknown progression of future hair loss, it would be a big mistake to attempt this procedure. In my opinion, if you must do something about it, have a conventional hair transplant to place hair in this area, at least it will be there as you age.

Thanks for the response,

What I am worried about is that the transplanted hair will be right in front of my nautural hair line. I worry that there will be an obvious difference between the two area. The fact that the transplanted hair will remain is leaning me towards the FUE. What is considered high density. What happens if the grafted area is obviously thinner that the hair it is in front of?

Thanks Again

Guest Cousin_It

Mike...

I would not worry about a difference in the transplanted hair, afterall it is your own hair, not something made up. As far as density,rule of thumb is 50% of your actual density will appear as full density, give or take depending on your hair quality.

The most important fact is finding a top doctor with high esthetic qualifications, since it is your hairline, perfection is the goal. I suggest you do a great deal of reasearch of the Coalition doctors and take advantage of the online consultation to narrow the field. Look at the numerous photos on our forum to note their hairline work. Be as informed as possible and don't rush it.

BTW, do you have any pics to post,so we can get an idea of the work needed, it may help us in making some recommendations.

I am trying to get my digital camera to work. I really have to think this threw, The more I look at old photos, the mor I realize it is not just my hair that has always bothered me. A high hairline runs in my family and my sister is actively looking for a cosmetic surgeon to change hers. I think I may need a combination of things. Once I get my camera working I will post some pics. Thanks Again.

Mike

I have met with a doctor on Lomg Island and he recommended 200-300 grafts in approximately 3 square centimeters to even out and lower my hairline. I am still weighing my options. The decision is tuff. I am considering a surgical advancement or a hair transplant. decidind between the two is the hard part.