Question for those who have used most or all of their donor hair.

Guest youngguy24

Guest youngguy24

This question is for those who have used most or all of their donor hair. Are you concerned that Propecia will fail you and if you ever begin to lose hair on the sides of head you will look very odd. This concerns me since I'm 25 and Norwood 3 or 4. I began losing my hair earlier than my father when I was about 19 or 20. From what my father told me he began losing his hair when he was 30. Although I would guess he began thinning earlier than that. Well he is 55 now and I took a good look at his hair about 3 days ago and I would guess he is a Norwood 7. It scares me that if I get a HT and I run out donor hair then become extremely bald. I would look very odd if I got to the point where I was a norwood 7. Now I have been using Propecia for about 2 and a half years and Minox for a little longer. I seem to have maintained for the last year and a half. Sorry I kind of rambled on but any advice or thoughts would be helpful. I would love to hear from some member such as Joetronic, Bobman, and Bill (who appear to have used all or most of their donor hair). I'm 95% sure that once my hair loss has gotten to the point of a Norwood 7 (if it ever does) there would be new technology out to help solve the problem.

Guest youngguy24

This question is for those who have used most or all of their donor hair. Are you concerned that Propecia will fail you and if you ever begin to lose hair on the sides of head you will look very odd. This concerns me since I'm 25 and Norwood 3 or 4. I began losing my hair earlier than my father when I was about 19 or 20. From what my father told me he began losing his hair when he was 30. Although I would guess he began thinning earlier than that. Well he is 55 now and I took a good look at his hair about 3 days ago and I would guess he is a Norwood 7. It scares me that if I get a HT and I run out donor hair then become extremely bald. I would look very odd if I got to the point where I was a norwood 7. Now I have been using Propecia for about 2 and a half years and Minox for a little longer. I seem to have maintained for the last year and a half. Sorry I kind of rambled on but any advice or thoughts would be helpful. I would love to hear from some member such as Joetronic, Bobman, and Bill (who appear to have used all or most of their donor hair). I'm 95% sure that once my hair loss has gotten to the point of a Norwood 7 (if it ever does) there would be new technology out to help solve the problem.

Youngman,

You bring up a lot of good points and you are very wise to be looking into your hair loss future regarding your family history.

Many young guys will jump in with panic and get work done only to see in five years later they set the hairline too low. That will look ridiculous is they thin out badly as maturity marches on. This is a doctors biggest responsibilty, I believe, is to keep it real with the patient, ie: placement of the hairline and what they can realistically expect. You are looking to repair your head for the rest of your life.

I hope the meds you are on control your future loss, this is the advantage you have over your father. If your dad never took any meds maybe his norwood 7 may have stopped at 5-6, who knows? This is why you need to stay on the meds.

I cannot speak for Jotronic, Bobman or Bill but those guys all have very strong donor areas and this is why there results are so impressive. It is important that you realize that VERY, VERY few NW6 patients could ever look like Jotronic or Bobman. Those guys turned out awesome and alot of that had to do with not just # of grafts but thickness of the grafts as well. People with finer donor hair will get a finer result with the same # of grafts.

I do not think Bill was NW6, maybe NW5 prior to starting his work. These guys may even have some donor hair left for future work if they like, only they can answer that. They may not be maxxed out, just really don't need to go under the knife again or the laxivity is not there now.

We all hope the future will be promising and a cure found either thru meds or cloning or something else, but I am not willing to wait it out at age 47 so I am going in for my 3rd HT. You are young and have more time to wait!

NoBuzz