Age vs. hair loss?

Wookie

Has anyone heard at what age hairloss typically begins and typically ends?

It seems that if someone is going to naturally maintain a full head of hair, they never lose any hair, while a man that starts to lose some hair, eventually loses all? I.E. Do men go from a Norwood 3 to a Norwood 6 regardless, or do some stop at a Norwood 3 and never advance?

The reason for my question is that I am a 43 year old male. I am at a Norwood 3-4 and have been for 10 years. I have had one HT and will probably do one more. My concern is this: The consensus of this forum is that one should wait until his hair loss stablizes, because you don't want future hair loss to impair your HT hairs (as your hair continues to fall out, you will get bare spots behind the transplanted hair).

Does anyone know?

Wookie

Has anyone heard at what age hairloss typically begins and typically ends?

It seems that if someone is going to naturally maintain a full head of hair, they never lose any hair, while a man that starts to lose some hair, eventually loses all? I.E. Do men go from a Norwood 3 to a Norwood 6 regardless, or do some stop at a Norwood 3 and never advance?

The reason for my question is that I am a 43 year old male. I am at a Norwood 3-4 and have been for 10 years. I have had one HT and will probably do one more. My concern is this: The consensus of this forum is that one should wait until his hair loss stablizes, because you don't want future hair loss to impair your HT hairs (as your hair continues to fall out, you will get bare spots behind the transplanted hair).

Does anyone know?

Wookie

Thanks Jotonic,

A question? Have you heard of much success in placing HT hairs in between existing hairs. Most of the conversation and pictures are guys with bald areas on top of their heads. I have hair, just thinned out. I have heard that their is a high probability of damaging existing hairs when trying to place HT hairs in between existing ones.

What you do know about this?

Thanks.

Wookie

I am unsure wether or not this applies to modern techniques.Not like those used by MHR but most of the areas they put grafts with me did more harm than good.For every graft they put in I lost a dozen hairs. Also most of the grafts they used didn't grow due to poor handling or transection and sloppy workmanship.perhaps with a real FU transplant this is not the case.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens