Hair Transplants and Doctors

I was reading on this forum, and I won't mention any names, because of Legal issues and involving 2nd and 3rd parties. And myself! But since I have went through the Hair Transplant process myself, and still waiting for major growth and more transplants, I think I can comment a bit about it. There are lots of Doctors who are qualified to do Hair Transplants. I think experience, other patients who have had the same procedures done, by the same Doctor you are considering is very important. If the Doctor has a good track record, been doing it for a while, and hasn't had any complaints, or major complaints is worth considering. You see with Hair Transplants, everyone is going to react a little different. I had a Transplant done 20 years ago, back then they called them plugs, and combovers. Meaning the Doctor would put a row of cornrow plugs in a linear position on your scalp, then you would comb it over, in hopes of concealing the Bald Spot. Now they do the FUT, FIT, and FUE thing. I remember when I had my cornrows put in 20 years ago, the hair was growing in like 2 weeks. Now, with the Fut thing it seems like it takes longer for the hair to grow. And Baldness to me is a little different geneticly in different persons. So, I think the Hair will not grow at the same rate in all persons. I don't have typical Male Pattern Baldness, I lost mine other ways. So I think my hair grows at a faster rate than maybe most. In another words if your body wants to grow hair, it will. Even transplanted hair. But there are other factors involved. Just my 2 cents worth.

I was reading on this forum, and I won't mention any names, because of Legal issues and involving 2nd and 3rd parties. And myself! But since I have went through the Hair Transplant process myself, and still waiting for major growth and more transplants, I think I can comment a bit about it. There are lots of Doctors who are qualified to do Hair Transplants. I think experience, other patients who have had the same procedures done, by the same Doctor you are considering is very important. If the Doctor has a good track record, been doing it for a while, and hasn't had any complaints, or major complaints is worth considering. You see with Hair Transplants, everyone is going to react a little different. I had a Transplant done 20 years ago, back then they called them plugs, and combovers. Meaning the Doctor would put a row of cornrow plugs in a linear position on your scalp, then you would comb it over, in hopes of concealing the Bald Spot. Now they do the FUT, FIT, and FUE thing. I remember when I had my cornrows put in 20 years ago, the hair was growing in like 2 weeks. Now, with the Fut thing it seems like it takes longer for the hair to grow. And Baldness to me is a little different geneticly in different persons. So, I think the Hair will not grow at the same rate in all persons. I don't have typical Male Pattern Baldness, I lost mine other ways. So I think my hair grows at a faster rate than maybe most. In another words if your body wants to grow hair, it will. Even transplanted hair. But there are other factors involved. Just my 2 cents worth.

I have a question - either for yourself or anyone else that might be reading:

How would you be able to tell if the Doctor has had any complaints in regards to a "bad procedure"? Unless it's the law, I'm not so sure they would keep a track record of any of the so-called "complaints" that might have been made.

Any suggestions as to how one can go about finding out whether or not a certain establishment has any negative markings?

Thanks!

Good question! But I have seen your posts here before, so you probably know as much as I do about it. But, I would say you would have to go to the medical establishment itself. If a Doctor has been doing shotty work, then I am sure the Medical Association is looking into it. After all a Hair Transplant is a medical procedure. And if that Doctor has enough complaints, someone is gona know. But, in the Hairtransplant business, I think the most important thing is experience with the Doctor, the Nurses working under him etc..etc... How long have they been doing it. How many customers do they have. Who are there customers. Or patients. Are they members of any Medical Hair restoration societys. As far as finding out about bad Hairtransplants, your own detective work before the consideration of the Doctors is important. The nurses need to be experienced. After all, they will put the Hair in your head. IS the Head Nurse experienced in Hairtransplants. As I understand it, most FUT's done by a reputable Doctor is gona be near as good as any of them, why? Because if there trained in that field, then there gona do it right, because most hair transplant procedures are done basically the same. The difference is the experience of the Doctor, and the staff.