Coalition surgeons all ethical?

reverie

Hi everyone

I am new to the world of HT and relatively new to HL (aggressive female AGA) and a member from a support group online kindly directed me here as the ONLY place online I should venture for HT info.

I read thru the Coalition standards but still have ?s. It is not my intention to sound insulting, but there is much money to be made in the industry, so is it more or less a guarantee that the Coalition surgeons featured on this site are all ethical? Many of the names are unknown to me, some specialize in certain types, some in women, etc. and I hope I can feel safe going to any one of them for an HONEST CONSULT and not worry the whole time that they are trying to scam me.

I know it is caveat emptor out there but I'm already at such a low point I fear my judgment might be impaired. Especially as I'm new to this, not a surgeon, so can't evaluate myself.

Thanks much.

Hi everyone

I am new to the world of HT and relatively new to HL (aggressive female AGA) and a member from a support group online kindly directed me here as the ONLY place online I should venture for HT info.

I read thru the Coalition standards but still have ?s. It is not my intention to sound insulting, but there is much money to be made in the industry, so is it more or less a guarantee that the Coalition surgeons featured on this site are all ethical? Many of the names are unknown to me, some specialize in certain types, some in women, etc. and I hope I can feel safe going to any one of them for an HONEST CONSULT and not worry the whole time that they are trying to scam me.

I know it is caveat emptor out there but I'm already at such a low point I fear my judgment might be impaired. Especially as I'm new to this, not a surgeon, so can't evaluate myself.

Thanks much.

You can use a recommended list as a starting-off point. No list is perfect; otherwise no doc would be added or removed. It is a good way to narrow the search though.

You can use the forum, like you are doing, and ask more specific questions. There is also a private message function.

When you decide to get a consult, send your info to more than one clinic ??“ compare the different approaches and get a feel for the doctor and staff. You might ask the consulting physician who he recommends for a second opinion. Also see if the docs can provide a list of patients you can call or email.

Again, use the list as a starting-off point and then research until you find a clinic you feel confident in. If you talk with enough people ??“ doctors, patients, posters, etc ??“ you will begin to see a trend.

Don't move forward with anything surgical until you are truly comfortable with the doctor.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Reverie,

This is a good and sound question. I will do my best to answer.

This is a patient forum ran by patients in order to do the following:

1. Find the most qualified and ethical surgeons available in order to create a solid list of quality physicians.

2. Continually holding these physicians to a high level of standards

None of our physicians have tenure - they must continually prove they are using current techniques and consistently yielding consistent results.

3. Educate patients on topics of hair loss and restoration

4. Empower patients to make educated decisions to combat their hair loss.

5. Provide encouragement for those seeking or those undergoing hair loss treatment - surgical or nonsurgical.

Additionally, the clinics recommended on this site pay a nominal fee in order to keep this community running.

Click here to see how we recommend physicians on this site - and for additional information.

As TheHairLossCure said, however...no list is perfect. Certainly there are most likely other physicians out there that are of quality - which is why we continually seek them out. Additionally, there have been times when recommended/coalition doctors have been removed from this site because they have not met the high standards of this community.

That being said, we have discussed and are constantly looking for new ways to evaluate these surgeons regularly.

I hope this helps.

Bill