the pale hair

why oh why

Has anyone had experience with pale hairs returning where the loss has occurred? have they in turn become darker or anything?

i've been on the propecia since jan now recently added minox a month or two ago...

about a couple months ago i noticed i ended up getting small pale hair completely where my hairline used to be, like if they were dark and strong i'd have my complete hairline back (i'm 24, but its receded around an inch/inch and a half from where it once was)... i can't tell if i'm getting them in the hole on top of my head since i can't see that well through the mirrors...

anyone have experience with any of this?

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you

Has anyone had experience with pale hairs returning where the loss has occurred? have they in turn become darker or anything?

i've been on the propecia since jan now recently added minox a month or two ago...

about a couple months ago i noticed i ended up getting small pale hair completely where my hairline used to be, like if they were dark and strong i'd have my complete hairline back (i'm 24, but its receded around an inch/inch and a half from where it once was)... i can't tell if i'm getting them in the hole on top of my head since i can't see that well through the mirrors...

anyone have experience with any of this?

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

nizoral 1%

I have pale (er, peach fuzz) hairs just beginning to grow in my heretofore bald areas, but I'm 3 months post-HT. I'm told this is just the beginning and the hairs will eventually thicken and take on my natural color.

I assume from your post that you are using meds to contol your hairloss and have not had a HT.

I'm plesantly surprised that you are seeing re-growth on your hairline. Typically Propecia & Rogaine are more effective on the crown. The propecia should, at a minimum, slow the crown loss. Or you could see some re-growth.

If you have been on this combination of meds since January, it seems reasonable to start seeing a halting of hair loss or some re-growth. Re-growth does start as "pale".

I'd give it a year to fully asses the effectiveness of your Rx cocktail.

And if those pale hairs at the old hairline continue to mature, you are blessed!

Good luck!

thanks... i hope it does thicken up!

you're correct in assuming i haven't had a HT, i'm anxiously awaiting the year mark, hopefully i'll be very happy... honestly i'd be ecstatic if i could just hold off the loss until my 30's ... i'd be willing to make that compromise!

just let me live my 20's right? here's hoping eh?

i've been trying to take a photographic log i'll put it up if it gets interesting...

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

nizoral 1%