when do drugs work? im still shedding

Jay Dee

i've been on proscar tablets (cutting the tabs into fourths) and 5 percent rogaine for about 42 days (appx 1.5 months) and im shedding a lot. when i use the 1 percent shampoo and look at my hands i see a lot of hair that just came off

is this the shedding period? when does this stop?

i thought you start maintaining hair pretty soon and notice only hair regrowth in 3 months.

i've been on proscar tablets (cutting the tabs into fourths) and 5 percent rogaine for about 42 days (appx 1.5 months) and im shedding a lot. when i use the 1 percent shampoo and look at my hands i see a lot of hair that just came off

is this the shedding period? when does this stop?

i thought you start maintaining hair pretty soon and notice only hair regrowth in 3 months.

Jay,

Hair shedding may occur over the first 3 months of using hair loss drugs such as Propecia / Proscar (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil). This is why it is recommended to commit to this hair loss medication unless you experience any side effects for at least 6 months to a year to see if it is working for you.

The goods is, hair shedding is typically a good sign. The weaker hairs that are DHT susceptible are forced into early telogen (the hair shedding phase), while a new thicker hair is growing from the hair follicle underneath in anagen (the hair growth phase). But this process takes time.

Bill