Lifting weights can accelerate balding

hairraising,

This is an interesting article, but it is misleading. Those who are not genetically predisposed to hair loss will not go bald (at least not from androgenic alopecia) no matter how much testosterone or DHT is in the body. Therefore it is not true to say that working out or heavy weight lifting is the cause of baldness.

From my understanding, an increase in testosterone may, but won't necessarily expedite hair loss for those who are genetically predisposed either. But because these weight lifters would have lost their hair anyway since genes (not weight lifting) is the culprit, I believe it is better to work out and train your body hard for your overall health than it is to try to delay the inevitable. Men who begin to go bald have the best chance at stopping it by using Propecia (finasteride) which will block type II 5-alpha-reductase enzymes which are needed to convert testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Rogaine (minoxidil) is also a helpful complement to Propecia.

Bill

I think it is a little vague in explaining but the interesting thing is how many built men I see at the gym who seem to be thinning and these are young guys. Maybe it is as much to do with what they take as stimulants in addition to lifting weights. That wasn"t mentioned but I thought it an interesting piece to discuss. Not enough info I agreed.

Lifting weights does not cause baldness period.

The amount of testosterone that it increases is marginal at best. Either you are predisposed to DHT or you are not.

Most of the bigger guys in the gym are on drugs which can accelerate it if you are prediposed.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!