MSM

Guest youngguy24

Guest youngguy24

I just purchased some MSM and was wondering how many mg's I should take a day. Three thousand seems to be the recomended dosage on the forum. Should I take 1,500 in the morning and then another 1,500 in the evening or all at once. Any advice would be great.

Guest youngguy24

I just purchased some MSM and was wondering how many mg's I should take a day. Three thousand seems to be the recomended dosage on the forum. Should I take 1,500 in the morning and then another 1,500 in the evening or all at once. Any advice would be great.

I've been taking it for the past few months and take 3000 daily all in one dose. You should be okay either way and receive the same benefit.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by hairbank:

I've been taking it for the past few months and take 3000 daily all in one dose. You should be okay either way and receive the same benefit.

This is correct. You can take either way; once a day or twice. It doesn't matter.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Guest youngguy24

Could one of you please explain what the actual puprose of MSM is in regards to hair loss. The reason I purchased some was to help my hair grow faster. Since I'm completly shaved at the moment and need to grow it out for my consultation with Dr. Cooley in about 6 weeks.

youngguy,

Don't expect miracles or anything. MSM seems to make my hair grow faster. It definitely makes my nails grow faster and makes them stronger. There is no benefit to hair loss from taking MSM. None.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog