Second Procedure

I have had a 3400 FU procedure done about 2 years ago in my frontal scalp area. Now the area behind the transplanted area is thinning out. I am considering having another 3000 FU procedure done behind the transplanted area. This would basically cover my entire top portion of my head with transplanted hair.

My questions:

1. Would "shock loss" occur next to the currently transplanted hair?

2. Would a second procedure done from the mid to rear portion of the scalp be less noticeable(noticeable redness,etc.) than a frontal transplant?

3. Being that I will transplanted hair covering my whole top of my head. I should be "set" for life, correct?

4. Any further known complications from having a second procedure done?

THANKS

I have had a 3400 FU procedure done about 2 years ago in my frontal scalp area. Now the area behind the transplanted area is thinning out. I am considering having another 3000 FU procedure done behind the transplanted area. This would basically cover my entire top portion of my head with transplanted hair.

My questions:

1. Would "shock loss" occur next to the currently transplanted hair?

2. Would a second procedure done from the mid to rear portion of the scalp be less noticeable(noticeable redness,etc.) than a frontal transplant?

3. Being that I will transplanted hair covering my whole top of my head. I should be "set" for life, correct?

4. Any further known complications from having a second procedure done?

THANKS

Go for it baby.

1) Is your hair in front long enough to comb back to cover the new proposed recipient area-graphs, redness, etc.

2) Is your crown in need? If so, will this new procedure include that area?

3) I found that shockloss was very minimal in regards to previouly transplanted hair. It seems to be quite vigorous. Others although have stated they lost it or a big amount of it. 3000 is a lot of fu's. That is pretty heavy on the scalp so anything is possible. Blood supply will be interrupted. But it sounds like you are behind the great majority of hair.

What about splitting that into 2 procedures of 1500 each spaced 8 to 12 months apart?

Just a thought. Patience is so tough though. Us guys come so far that we want it now. I just did 670 in front 3 weeks ago and I already find myself planning my final surgery of 500 to 1000 on top of head to finish off my HT. I would love to get it done in the next month or so. However I know it makes sense to wait 8 to 12 months to let my last HT grow in. I feel like it is never ending. I guess that what a Norwood 6 or so gets. Such is life

Peace

Ron

It is much easier, less expensinve and less time consuming in the long run to have a 3000 procedure done at one time, instead of two or three times. Like this the down time from work and from surgery is shorter and only once.

The cost of a 3000 FU procedure is about $14900.00 US. It is not cheap, yet not too bad, considering the procedure takes about 12-13 hours to complete. That is a long time for the doctor and technicians to be disecting and implanting.

They take 3 seperate strips during a 3000 FU procedure. This is so the strip of donor hairs does not die while waiting to be transplanted. The hairs have a better survival rate when transplanted quickly.

You are one brave dude! I quess if the doctor feels the surgery of 3000 has a survival rate equal to or very close to one of 1500, why not go for it.

Ron