African- American female and surgery with Dr. Epstein

Hi everyone. Many of you may rememeber me from asking various questions on transplants. I finally took the plung and got the procedure done with Dr. E. After doing lots of research, reading everything I could fine on the web and various emails to different doctors, I decided upon him. I have to say that upon meeting him, he was great, straight forward and realistic. I have a long history of scarring alopecia which a lot of African Americans suffer with. He was one of the only doctors that gave me realistic expectations while at the same time trying to meet my needs. I read on various post that he was like this but was somewhat skeptical. My only interaction with him had been through emails and it's hard to get a feel for someone (however even then he was being realistic with me and not telling me something to get my money). Well getting to the point, I went to get the procedure done and everybody treated me EXCELLENT. They went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. This is a big compliment coming from someone who can find fault with everything icon_wink.gif. He called me that night however I was already asleep from the meds he had given me. I went to the office the next day to get my hair washed and for him to look at my graphs. Upon meeting with me he told me he fell short of delivering all the graphs that we had talked due to my poor density but was going to refund a portion of my money back. I was very surprise. He didn't have to tell me anything, I would have never known. He then stated that it was my choice but that he would like for my to come back in 8 to 12 months for a second procedure to finished the promised graphs and that he would only charge me the refund that he gave me. He stated for me to wait until my hair grew in to see if I still felt I needed the extra graphs. He was so understanding and made all my insecurities regarding my hair loss, tight scalp and poor density go away. I guess I will now do the waiting game and see how everything grows in. I would like to thank this website a lot because I learned so much from reading what you guys have went through. Wish me luck.

Hi everyone. Many of you may rememeber me from asking various questions on transplants. I finally took the plung and got the procedure done with Dr. E. After doing lots of research, reading everything I could fine on the web and various emails to different doctors, I decided upon him. I have to say that upon meeting him, he was great, straight forward and realistic. I have a long history of scarring alopecia which a lot of African Americans suffer with. He was one of the only doctors that gave me realistic expectations while at the same time trying to meet my needs. I read on various post that he was like this but was somewhat skeptical. My only interaction with him had been through emails and it's hard to get a feel for someone (however even then he was being realistic with me and not telling me something to get my money). Well getting to the point, I went to get the procedure done and everybody treated me EXCELLENT. They went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. This is a big compliment coming from someone who can find fault with everything icon_wink.gif. He called me that night however I was already asleep from the meds he had given me. I went to the office the next day to get my hair washed and for him to look at my graphs. Upon meeting with me he told me he fell short of delivering all the graphs that we had talked due to my poor density but was going to refund a portion of my money back. I was very surprise. He didn't have to tell me anything, I would have never known. He then stated that it was my choice but that he would like for my to come back in 8 to 12 months for a second procedure to finished the promised graphs and that he would only charge me the refund that he gave me. He stated for me to wait until my hair grew in to see if I still felt I needed the extra graphs. He was so understanding and made all my insecurities regarding my hair loss, tight scalp and poor density go away. I guess I will now do the waiting game and see how everything grows in. I would like to thank this website a lot because I learned so much from reading what you guys have went through. Wish me luck.

Dr. Epstein is one of the best. Good luck with your results. I think you'll be happy.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery