Still Frustrated...

Hey guys. I've been on Proscar now for almost 6 months. And have had pretty decent results. My hair loss stopped at around 2 and a half/ 3 months and since then have noticed a better overally thickness of my hair, with even a little regrowth. But for the past while... 6 weeks 5 days to be exact, I've been shedding like I used to. Now I knew I probably would shed, and which as far as I knew was actually a good thing. It meant that regrowth was next to come. But it's been 6 weeks and change, and I still shed. I read an attachment one of the posters had here that explained the shedding phase and Propecia. They said it shouldn't last no longer than 4 to 6 weeks. Man, don't know what's up! Had awesome initial results and then its stops? Really confused here guys...

danger

Hey guys. I've been on Proscar now for almost 6 months. And have had pretty decent results. My hair loss stopped at around 2 and a half/ 3 months and since then have noticed a better overally thickness of my hair, with even a little regrowth. But for the past while... 6 weeks 5 days to be exact, I've been shedding like I used to. Now I knew I probably would shed, and which as far as I knew was actually a good thing. It meant that regrowth was next to come. But it's been 6 weeks and change, and I still shed. I read an attachment one of the posters had here that explained the shedding phase and Propecia. They said it shouldn't last no longer than 4 to 6 weeks. Man, don't know what's up! Had awesome initial results and then its stops? Really confused here guys...

danger

... just any experience and or examples from guys that have had the shedding phase with finesteride (Propecia/Proscar) would help allot.

danger

Yeah...I noticed more than ususal shedding around 7 months too for about two weeks then it stopped. But consider the fact that my hairloss basically stopped after month 1, so it had been 6 months since I had seen anymore hair loss.

I think that after seeing nothing falling out in the comb or pillow for 6 months made seeing some loss in month 7 even more traumatic.

I recommend riding it out a few weeks.

I've been on Propecia for a couple years now and have had good results, even though some noticeable shedding occurs almost constantly and significant shedding occurs every 3-4 months. All hair has 3 constantly repeating life cycles of growth, rest and fallout. Average folks never notice the fallout stage much because every hair is on its own schedule and the fallout is staggered. I think that starting Propecia sets a bunch of hair on the same schedule because growth started at the same time. Therefore the shedding phases seem more pronounced than when not taking Propecia. Just a layperson's theory though! I say keep using it and just focus on overall results and try not to stress over the sheds too much.

trying2moveahead

When you are going through the shedding phase with Propecia, will you notice your hair get a little thinner, before you get regrowth? Maybe it's just me being paranoid, but it seems like I've been a little thinner in the last couple of days.

danger

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on Propecia for about a year and a half now. My hair had started thinning and it seems to have halted since I started the drug. I haven't noticed a lot of regrowth, but perhaps a little.

I've been applying Rogaine as well.

I believe that it is more common when taking Propecia to notice that hair has stopped falling out, but actual regrowth is not as common. It certainly doesn't mean it never happens, but there is no guarantee that you will experience regrowth.

I'm happy because I started taking it early enough so that I was just happy to keep the existing hair I have.