Slow growth of transplanted hairs in area of cobblestoning

My second HT surgery resulted in cobblestoning on one side of my head. After 10 months, they are still present though relatively small and still soft. Grafts outside this area have grown rapidly, but many of the grafts within that area are only now beginning to poke through the scalp.

Is the fact that the hairs seem to be growing very slowly indicative that the follicle itself may have been damaged or is it just that the hairs have a harder time poking through the scar tissue? In general, when cobblestoning occurs is any part of the follicle or its surrounding tissues exposed and susceptible to damage or is it just adjacent skin that got bunched up and formed the bump?

My second HT surgery resulted in cobblestoning on one side of my head. After 10 months, they are still present though relatively small and still soft. Grafts outside this area have grown rapidly, but many of the grafts within that area are only now beginning to poke through the scalp.

Is the fact that the hairs seem to be growing very slowly indicative that the follicle itself may have been damaged or is it just that the hairs have a harder time poking through the scar tissue? In general, when cobblestoning occurs is any part of the follicle or its surrounding tissues exposed and susceptible to damage or is it just adjacent skin that got bunched up and formed the bump?

Unfortunetly some of the older techniques used in hair transplantation caused an unlevelness to the surface of the skin called cobblestoning. Success of hair growth within these areas varies depending upon how much scar tissue is present. I have seen both tremendous and fairly poor results from hair transplants performed in areas where cobblestoning was present prior to the surgery. It is not uncommon for growth in these areas to be delayed, so keep your fingers crossed and try to remain patient. Good luck!